Eduard Yak-3 1:48 scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
After doing several 1:72 scales, I have acquired a lot of advice and tips from you guys. This is the the first 1:48 scale I have made where I have applied all of your advice.

Body has been totally welded and sanded as well as some weather techniques with dry and pastel wash. A decal debacle occurred but I did what I could. It may be a it heavy on the pastel wash but I imagined a Yak-3 being used during hard cold winters on the Eastern front.

Yak1.jpg
Yak2.jpg
Yak3.jpg
Yak4.jpg
Yak5.jpg
Yak6.jpg

I have to agree very well done!If I may the only real critique that jumps in photos and maybe not so much in person is the fit of the canopy.Try using a white glue it is very forgiving and a few minutes after it starts to dry wipe with a damp q-tip and touch up with paint virtually no seam.

That's really nice, and the pastel wash doesn't bother me at all. One thing to look out for is alignment. The direct head-on and tail-on views show your tailplanes aren't symmetrical or perpendicular to the fin - a small point but worth taking the time to address.
thumbs.png

Was thinking the same Mike. The weathering doesn't look bad at all. A common mistake by beginners is to overdo it and you seem to have controlled the application nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back