Engine Confusion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rousseau

Airman
Jan 3, 2007
Who can tell me these three Model aicrafts, Caudron C.714, Embrosini S.A.I.207 and Sienel Si.204, used liquid-cooled engine or air-cooled engine? Could you prove with pictures as evidence.

All used inline engines so I would think they were liquid cooled.

The first two were light fighters, that means that a radial engine is out of the question. The Siebel Si 204 used the well known Argus As 410, which was the only German engine in that power class.

If you need proof, why don't you google for some images?
Kris

I did search google, but so few of pictures showed on internet, also without any characters can prove that liquid or air - cooled.

Rousseau, sorry for my short reply. I was in a hurry when I wrote it and it shows...

I checked it out and it appears that they all had air cooled inline engines. All three aircraft had rather large air intakes so that is definitely an indication.

On the Isotta Fraschini (of the SAI.207): Italian Aero Engines

On the Argus As 410 (of the Si 204):
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org - Luftwaffe Resource Group - Argus As 410
Argus As 410, 411

On the Renault 12R, I don't know as I had to look up which engine the CR.714 had. I see websites saying it's air cooled and I see websites say it's liquid cooled. I have a feeling it's liquid cooled but in fact, I simply don't know.

Kris

I think a thank you is in order for him answering your question. If you aren't going to believe the answer, then why ask?

:cry: What did you mean!?

Now you can see Civettone is a real German, who are noted for their meticulous scholarship.

A photo of the Renault 12S inverted V12 air cooled engine can be found on pg 150 of World Encyclopdia of Aero Engines ISBN 1-85260-597-9

What I mean was when someone answers your question, it is good netiquette to thank them for answering your question. You can follow up with another question, but at least show some appreciation.

Now you can see Civettone is a real German, who are noted for their meticulous scholarship.
:rolleyes:

Evan, his statement, "Now you can see Civettone is a real German, who are noted for their meticulous scholarship" came AFTER yours that:

"I think a thank you is in order for him answering your question. If you aren't going to believe the answer, then why ask?"

I for one am similarly bewildered at the alleged breach of "netiquette" that occurred prior to your calling foul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back