Eurofighter Replacement?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well...it depends on the topic of discussion. The level of partnership in the F-35 programme is different from the partnership tiering for general technology transfer. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Canada wasn't tier 1 for the latter...but these days I'm accustomed to being surprised.

It's all about the source code, not the nuts and bolts.

The only things in place that would come close to what you are suggesting are the following:

None of which specifically provide for any special treatment in terms of the F-35. In fact both the UK and Australian treaties specifically exempt the F-35 from consideration because of the separate multi-national status of the F-35 program.

Therefore, I once again call the statement that "Only UK and Australia are Tier 1 US technology transfer partners. Everyone else gets degraded F-35s" as utter garbage.

Your understanding of technology transfers is very 1 dimensional.

US-UK-AUS are in an exclusive top tier that doesn't share

So prove me wrong with facts! I have lived and breathed the F-35 program for about 15yrs and have also been heavily involved with ITAR and other export controls. I am quite comfortable in my position.

Don't you love when you work a program and someone tells you your job?

Unfortunately I have to keep my mouth shut on so many things. :D

You're 100% wrong, but don't sweat it.
troll-no-powers.jpg

I have only spent a total of 2 hours in the USA (Anchorage Alaska), I have however looked at a map. If push comes to shove the USA would make any and all tech available to Canada and possibly merge capabilities as the allies did in 1914-18 France, depending of course on circumstance, sharing a land border is important in these things, sharing two even more so.

I have only spent a total of 2 hours in the USA (Anchorage Alaska), I have however looked at a map. If push comes to shove the USA would make any and all tech available to Canada and possibly merge capabilities as the allies did in 1914-18 France, depending of course on circumstance, sharing a land border is important in these things, sharing two even more so.

Not to mention sharing a similar political and ideological outlook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back