Ex- mayor gets probation in war lies case

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
A freakin' slap on the wrist!!

ATLANTIC CITY: Ex- mayor gets probation in war lies case | thedailyjournal.com | The Daily Journal

CAMDEN -- Former Atlantic City mayor Robert Levy was given probation and a $5,000 fine for lying about his Vietnam War service to pad his benefits check. Levy must also repay the $25,000 in extra benefits he received as a result of the lies.

Known as the "missing mayor" because he dropped out of sight for two weeks last fall, Levy later admitted to lying about what he did in the war in order to obtain the extra veteran's benefits.

He stepped down as mayor last October, after admitting his two-week absence was to attend a clinic for treatment of substance abuse and mental health issues.

A freakin' slap on the wrist!!

ATLANTIC CITY: Ex- mayor gets probation in war lies case | thedailyjournal.com | The Daily Journal

CAMDEN -- Former Atlantic City mayor Robert Levy was given probation and a $5,000 fine for lying about his Vietnam War service to pad his benefits check. Levy must also repay the $25,000 in extra benefits he received as a result of the lies.

Known as the "missing mayor" because he dropped out of sight for two weeks last fall, Levy later admitted to lying about what he did in the war in order to obtain the extra veteran's benefits.

He stepped down as mayor last October, after admitting his two-week absence was to attend a clinic for treatment of substance abuse and mental health issues.

Yeah imagine what the ordinary citizen would get! Free room and board at the crowbar hotel for a couple of years...

Speaking of NJ's finest pol's whatever happened to "Bagman" Toracelli? Did he ever see the inside of a jail? Or even the inside of a courtroom?

Apparently still causing problems.....

Re: Disgraced NJ Pol Robert Torricelli, gives out influence money.... - City Hall - Election 2008 - Comcast.net Community Forums

"Today in my local paper is part of a NY Times article regarding the criminal activities of one Robert Torricelli, former Democratic Party fund raiser. According to the Trentonian, the local Trenton Mayor Doug Palmer (chairman of the National Council of Mayors) received a $10,000 campaign contribution from former U.S. Senator Robert Torricelli. This was money from contributions given to Torricelli to run for office previous to his ethical misconduct which caused him to quit the 2002 Senate race. Mayor Palmer says that the contributions have NOTHING TO DO with a downtown project that Torricelli needed to have approved. Says Palmer "It's not like if you give me money, you're going to get stuff". However, the proposal by Torricelli to develop retail and office space in the city of Trenton was ultimately approved.

Torricelli was once "America's top Democratic fundraiser and has spent almost $1 million from his campaign account since leaving Congress, giving money to people with influence over his or his clients' business interests" the NY Times reported.

It was found that Torricelli gave more than $40,000 to Nevada Democratic Party organizations and candidates linked to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. Torricelli then began lobbying Reid for one of his clients, the government of Taiwan who retains him for $15,000 a month. Apparently China has passed a new law authorizing violence if Taiwan declares independence and Torricelli will by lobbying the U.S to come to their aid."

Jeez, better than a freakin' pension!

God forbid that he should donate the money to the poor or something useless like that!!

Politicians. I hates them. I hates them!!

Every one of them, Demos, Libs, Repubs, Conservatives, GOP, Constipation Party... they all are power hungry narcissists who put themselves before their nation. Eff 'em all.

{dang, where did I put my beer...}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back