F-117A, U-2 and Half of the B-52 Fleet Many Go Away

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

davparlr said:
I spent a couple of full time tours in Palmdale, both six months long. In 1990 I may have still been in Pico working the Multistage Improvement Program. Also, in 91 or so I started working half time on the JSF proposal for Lockheed. Up there I continued to work in flight avionics (not flight controls).

The program was a dream for an aerospace engineer, but oh the stress at first flight! Its a lot of fun coming up with ideas, a whole new world when it comes to making those ideas work.

What did you do at Palmdale

When I worked for Boeing I was an inspector. By trade I was a QE....

I knew a few pico guys, one of them went to lockeed on the JSF - Terry Dagy, Ron Naylor - ring any bells?

I didn't get too involved in the manufacturing end. The names don't sound familar but I forget easy.

One other B-2 story you may have heard. After the contract was let, the AF cleared Jack Northrop one day to see the program. He said "Now I know why God has kept me alive." He was crushed when the AF destroyed the YB-49 and never again ran the company. I saw him that day from afar. He was in a wheel chair.

davparlr said:
I didn't get too involved in the manufacturing end. The names don't sound familar but I forget easy.

One other B-2 story you may have heard. After the contract was let, the AF cleared Jack Northrop one day to see the program. He said "Now I know why God has kept me alive." He was crushed when the AF destroyed the YB-49 and never again ran the company. I saw him that day from afar. He was in a wheel chair.
I heard that they showed him a model of the B-2 and he wept...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back