F-18 bags F-22 in exercise!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soren said:
The SU-37 is definitely more agile than the F-22, but that doesn't matter much as the F-22 will probably shoot down the SU-37 before it gets anywhere near close enough to show it superiority in aerial agility.
Agree - I don't give much credence in late model Soviet designs (SU-37, especially the SU-47) although innovative, they were designed on shoe string budgets and maintained the old Soviet way of thinking, "keep it simple and make it work." Not denying their capability I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that if examined closely these aircraft will reveal many flaws that will limit their capability during a combat deployment. Not underestimating their capability, every Russian combat aircraft I've had the opportunity to come in contact with meets the mission requirement but give up something in the end. Current contemporary western aircraft have those limitations dealt with either during design or deployment....

My opinion....

Most of those fancy Russian aircraft are only one off technology demonstrator prototypes like the Su47, or extremely limited in production because Russia can't afford them. Russia only has a handful of Su-35s and Ka-50s for example, and their pilots only fly about half as many hours as NATO standard.

But anyone can get lucky, a Skyraider shot down a Mig 19 in the Vietnam war, you wouldn't predict it, and it's hardly common but it can happen.

If there was a lot of F/A18s against one or two F-22s, then when the F-22s run out of missiles they will either disengage or go in for close comabt with guns.

Also considering the F-22 is quite new to it's pilots and the F/A-18 has been around for a while and some veteran pilot will really know how to get the best out of it, it's not too far out of the question for this to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back