F-18 bags F-22 in exercise!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hey if i am not mistakin. the picture of the f-18 bagging the f-22, is actually a f-18 bagging an f-35. look at the engine, there is only one. i think they were experimenting shooting an f-35 down. and look at the aircraft in general, its smaller than a f-22 also. just study it for about 5 minutes. i did it and it looked like a f-35.

No, it's a F-22. First off, you can't tell how many engines the aircraft in the picture has because the HUD is blocking the exhausts. Secondly, from the picture alone you can tell it's a F-22A because of the thin nose section, compared to the F-35. That's from visual.

From information, the USAAF isn't as stupid as you look. It knows what aircraft it's testing! The F-35 probably hasn't even gone through combat tests yet, not to the scale of the F-22 anyway.

It's a F-22, everyone knows it. You're mistaken.

This subject is much to do about nothing. There is another thread discussing propeller planes shooting down jets. I am sure you could find similar gunsight shots as this thread shows. In spite of these occurences, props were on the sideline to the big show. As good as it is, so too, the F-18 will be on the sideline as low observable fighters, interlinked sensor, and advanced weapons dominate the airspace.

Much to do about nothing, you say? I think it is interesting because the F-22 is supposed to be one of the most advanced fighters around. It still comes down to the man at the controls. I think it's important for people who think their wonder toys are going to be the end all and do all, to realize that even a previous generation aircraft can still put up a good fight.

Some of my Lockheed buddies have told me that the Air Force been playing wargames against the F-22 with the F-15, f-16 and F-18, it wins 99% of the time - this was probably the 1% it lost.

BTW its been beating the crap out of the F-15...

Yep, FLYBOYJ is right, the F-22 has been beating the crap out of anything in these wargames, and hardly ever lost a fight. That picture right there represents a nothing but a lucky shot.

You guy's don't assume that the US gov. would pay billions for this fighter to be built if wasn't superior to its predecessors ?

I will agree that the F-22 is superior in technology to the other planes in the inventory, but like I said, that's not the only thing that wins the fight. The 15, 16, and 18s still have some service left in them. Add to that the training that US pilots get and that makes a significant advantage. A well trained pilot in an inferior airplane can take on the most advanced airplane with a novice and win.

I agree completely, the F-15/16/18 are still more than enough to match the fighters in service elsewhere on the planet (With the slight exception of the Eurofighter and SU-37 maybe)

This is alittle off subject, but what the heck, how does the F-22 compare to SU-37 and Eurofigher? Or I guess pros vs cons for all three fighters.

The F-15, 16, and 18 are wonderful, powerfull and effective fighters and will remain so for many years. I don't want my previous comments to play that down. The primary advantage of the the F-22 and, to a lesser extent, the F-35 is the ability to see and not be seen, to target and not be targeted, to destroy and not be destroyed. History has shown the most effective fighter tactic is to strike before the enemy knows you are there. The Eurofighter and the Su-37, and other present fighters, will have as difficult a time competing in this environment as the Tornado and F-111 did in competing in the same environment as the F-117.

That is because the Eurofighter and the Su-37 no offence to the countries that made them are lagging slightly behind the US in sensor technology and that little bit of difference in identification and lockon range could probably make the difference between two good fighter pilots in who gets the kill and survives.

HealzDevo said:
That is because the Eurofighter and the Su-37 no offence to the countries that made them are lagging slightly behind the US in sensor technology and that little bit of difference in identification and lockon range could probably make the difference between two good fighter pilots in who gets the kill and survives.

What you say is true, although not so much with European equipment. However, the major advantage is in stealth technology. Although I am sure they are working on stealth, I have not seen any competing airframes yet from outside US designs.

If an equally trained Su-37 gets to the F-22 before the Raptor shoots the Flanker down, well the Su-27 series are very agile fighters, will probably make a good dogfight, i don't know about the F/A-18 though

U can't always expect no losses even if u have such superior tech, thats only one pic anyways

The SU-37 is definitely more agile than the F-22, but that doesn't matter much as the F-22 will probably shoot down the SU-37 before it gets anywhere near close enough to show it superiority in aerial agility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back