F24 Photo Reconnaissance Camera

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cookie bomb

Airman
Sep 1, 2012
Scampton Lincolnshire
I have just purchased a F24 Camera, with it's original box and a spare magazine. Also a type 35 control unit. I don't know if these are getting rare now of not.
The shutter works fine and it has some film in, however 2 compartments in the box are empty. Is the top one for the manual and the one in front of the lens for a filter? Has anyone got the operating instructions?
Any way I hope you find it as interesting as I do.

IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2503.JPG

You said that there is still film in the camera?

If so, that might be worth trying to have developed...

Nice thought, however the cassette was opened in daylight before anyone new it had a film in.
I have been rather lucky with rare air reconnaissance photos recently. I have a collection of original WW1 1915 Gallipoli shots. I am told they were taken with an 'A Type' camera from a seaplane belonging to RNAS.
Sorry I went off the subject "wrong war". Back to the F24, my wife wants to use the box as a bathroom cabinet :( it's not happening!. Could this be why it is almost impossible to fined one with a box?

Always remember, the Ladies see things much differently than we do... :lol:

Too bad about the film...I did find an old 1920's Kodak Brownie once at a yard sale and opened it only to find it still had film in it. I took the film to the camera shop to see what might be salvaged and it turns out there were a few photos that were able to be saved. The result: some rare photos of 1930's Southern California landmarks that hadn't been seen before. :thumbleft:

One of the best things about living in Lincolnshire is you never know what the next scruffy box is going to have inside. I picked this up whilst having my car checked out yesterday.
A Type 45 cine camera still in a sealed box.
IMG_2504.JPG
IMG_2505.JPG
IMG_2506.JPG
IMG_2507.JPG
IMG_2508.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG
IMG_2510.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back