"Syashin Syuho",(Weekly Photograph), Japanese photo magazine.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

proton45

Senior Airman
Jan 30, 2007
Massachusetts
Hello all,

While the "Syashin Syuho" is not strictly an aviation magazine it is a photo magazine from wartime Japan and their are some related pictures. I have not seen any of these offered here before (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I thought that their could be some here that would find them interesting...

I have seen some covers posted in threads here and misidentified as recruiting or propaganda posters...I hope you enjoy.

p.s. you will need a "DjVu" viewer.

[EDIT] I put all 7 together into one "zip" file (sorry about the size)...

Attachments

• Syashin Syuho.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 197
Great! Thanks for posting the magazines. I see these are all propaganda but can be quite useful for research purposes.

After looking over them, I found an interesting article on the file #007, the last one published in 1944 specialized in coping with possible (and imminent) enemy bombing. There is an two-page (p.12-13) article about the London Blitz in 1940 written by a reporter who was there and experienced it. In this the writer used his experience gained to conclude that people can use such and such ways to overcome the air raids.

Though I haven't researched in detail but before and during the war it was regulated that the Japanese citizenes who under an air raid must fight with fire in the first place and not allowed to evacuate at one's will, according to a book author.

Great! Thanks for posting the magazines. I see these are all propaganda but can be quite useful for research purposes.

After looking over them, I found an interesting article on the file #007, the last one published in 1944 specialized in coping with possible (and imminent) enemy bombing. There is an two-page (p.12-13) article about the London Blitz in 1940 written by a reporter who was there and experienced it. In this the writer used his experience gained to conclude that people can use such and such ways to overcome the air raids.

Though I haven't researched in detail but before and during the war it was regulated that the Japanese citizenes who under an air raid must fight with fire in the first place and not allowed to evacuate at one's will, according to a book author.

Thank you ppopsie for your insights...they are always welcome. The issue of civilian evacuation is an interesting one. My Grandmother and Aunt where able to relocate to the county (someone found a family for them to stay with) at that time, but it is possible that family "connections" may have aided in that request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back