F6F-3 & F6F-5 cowlings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Those panels were removable so it's very easy to have different styles on the same aircraft. There is also a data plate in the cockpit that specified manufacture's information such as aircraft type, in this case an F6F-3. Joe, can you provide a picture of the cockpit data plate?

View attachment 493811

Thanks for the information, guys.

Darren, If the Hellcat is not at an airshow this weekend, I'll try to find the data plate in the cockpit and take a picture. The CAF website is where I got the info about -3 fuselage and -5 pieces. I have only been "volunteering" since Aug'17 and joined the crew for the Hellcat and Yak in Oct. My younger son helps work on the planes too. He has 2 years GA maintenance training and fits right in with all the "experienced" people.
F6F packing bearing3.jpg

Thanks for the information, guys.

Darren, If the Hellcat is not at an airshow this weekend, I'll try to find the data plate in the cockpit and take a picture. The CAF website is where I got the info about -3 fuselage and -5 pieces. I have only been "volunteering" since Aug'17 and joined the crew for the Hellcat and Yak in Oct. My younger son helps work on the planes too. He has 2 years GA maintenance training and fits right in with all the "experienced" people. View attachment 493874

Sounds like a plan. It's also great what you and your son get to spend time doing together. My son helps me out with my classic car ocassionly but it's definitely no Hellcat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back