F7F Tigercat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With the Eagle when a combat turn (re-arm, reload & service) is done between sorties, the fuel flow circuit breakers (CB's) are pulled. Don't know why. The Crew Chief is supposed to reset them prior to signing off the aircraft (IAW his checklist), the pilot is supposed to check them on the walk around (IAW his checklist), and he (or she) is not supposed to take off with them inop.

So when you are setting number one for takeoff, and finally notice that not one but both fuel flow gauges aren't working what do you? If you go back to the chocks it's mud on both your face and the crew chiefs, causes a late take off, and probably impacts the mission. If you go it's not according to the aircraft MEL. I've "heard" of this happening, and was "told", just tell the crew chief when you get back...

Cheers,
Biff

Don't you just love the taste of crow?
On the first day of my first unsupervised trip sequence as a captain, ligned up for takeoff, power levers coming up, tower saying "Expedite. Traffic's a mile final", and my first officer says "Boss, both oil pressures just pegged!". At an outstation, no company maintenance, 19 pissed off passengers stuck in Providence, one pissed off management structure at home, and a plane load of mechanics and parts later, I get an "under the table" reprimand for not violating the aircraft's MEL. Don't it taste great?

Last edited:
Sorry, I just realized the above was WAY off topic. Moderator, feel free to delete.
Cheers,
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back