Favorite Hack

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ill tell ya man, Im so damn confused over modding this game.... Grrr... Its like reading Greek to me... Im all modded up with dozens of Mods, that Im not even sure are working...

I love the changes they have made the game, but for some reason, I cannot add any new maps, like The BoB maps, or the new Falklands one... I just installed it and the map is NOT in FMB....

Im lost Space, but sh!t, the game still works so..........

For the BoB Falklands Maps m8 do this:

Even though their automatic intstallers open them to Desktop:

Open the 'Mods' Folder you see and copy both fly_zo_BOB RD_Malvinas and paste both with IL-2: 46 Main Directory/Mods/MapMods/maps where you see the other maps.

Then with Notepad, open the 'all' file you see within the 'Mods' Folder on your desktop and copy:

RD_Malvinas RD_Malvinas/RD_load.ini
fly_Z_BOB_S fly_zo_BOB/fly_Z_normS_load.ini
fly_Z_BOB_A fly_zo_BOB/fly_Z_normA_load.ini
fly_Z_BOB_W fly_zo_BOB/fly_Z_normW_load.ini

then open the one you see in IL-2: 46 Main Directory/Mods/MapMods/maps paste/save in that one and it should come up within FMB m8 8)

Didnt show up...

Weird tho, there are 2 places in my 46 folder that have maps...

The path for the first is:
1946/files/maps
And inside maps folder there is no all.ini file....

I also have 2 MODS folders... One is :
1946/files/maps/MODS/MAPMODS/maps/RD_Malvinas
There is a all.ini file here and it now has the added line RD_Malvinas RD_Malvinas/RD_load.ini

the others path is:
1946/MODS/MAPMODS/maps

There also many many plane folders inside the MODS folder, as well as the MAPMODS one....

Im lost as to the last part... Why 2 MODS folders??? Why are the files in 2 places??? Did I screw something up way back when???

Like I said man, Greek.... All Ive ever done in this game is make my own missions and adding skins to the Paint Folder....

But I'll give it a try....

If you can get the fly-zo BoB Map installed ok m8 I'll send you the template of it when I'm finished and you can make as many mission as you like with it if you wish m8 as you seen the screenies of it already 8)

SPACE HELP!!!!

Read my above posts... Am I supposed to have 2 MODMAP directories??? I dont think so...

Where should it be??? Is there supposed to be an all.ini file in 1946/files/maps folder, as well as 1946/MODS/MAPMODS???

What am I doin wrong?

You should only have one m8 which looks like this:

This is what you should see in your Main Directory

Click

If you open the 'Mods' File you should see one that is circled like the one you see

Click

Open that one and you'll see two files: 3do maps: open the 'maps' one

Click

In there you'll see a range of maps (you can see my fly-zo BoB Map circled

Click

And this is the file that you see circled at the bottom (I think in XP its all.ini)that you need to open with Notepad to copy the lines of text in my last post.......then save as All Files

Click

btw click on the pictures to make them larger m8. Also you do need some of the Map add on to have such a folder in your main directory in the 1st place m8

OK SPace thanks for the time man.... I did infact install the map mods awhile back, thats how I have the MOD folder in 1946...

My set up is different, and Im sure therein lies the problem....

My 1946/MOD/MAPMOD/map folder does not have 3do folder in it....

The 3do folders and such are in my 1946/files folder.... 1st pic
My MODS folder only has maps folder in it... 2nd pic

What folders are supposed to be in the files folder???

Attachments

• 1946b.jpg
    1946b.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 1946c.jpg
    1946c.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 67
Nope thats a different one m8 - in there if you open it you should see something like:

Cockpit, Effects, plane - you might not have all of those because I think I have every Mod going lol

'edit'

Hold on my bad the 3do in the MapMods Folder for you might not be there because I've just opened it and the file within is:

airfield

which is because of all the maps I've added as some are just updated versions where things like the runway looks more realistic etc - so forget about that one :oops:

So you don't really need to bother about it it m8. Hasn't anything come up new within FMB though?

Here is what it all looks like now that I added ur BoB folder....

I copied the/your BoB folder from the desktop folder I opened the exe into and pasted it into the 1946/MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder... I then copied the 3 lines of text for the BoB.ini info from the same desktop folder, the all.ini file, and then pasted it into the one in my MAPMODS/maps folder, at the bottom....

Do I need to copy the WHOLE all.ini and paste that, or just the 3 new lines for BoB that I did??

Attachments

• 1946d.jpg
    1946d.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 67
Nope that it m8 8)

If you've saved it as 'All Files' you should see it with FMB.

What I'm doing I'm uploading my MapMods Folder which has all the maps I have, if you want to try that as well which has many more - all you have to do is to copy over you old one (make sure you save the original one 1st though 8) ) you can use that instead.

Give me 10 mins though as its still uploading thouh m8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back