Favorite "obscure" theater or World War II to research?

BarnOwlLover

Staff Sergeant
1,076
459
Joined
Nov 3, 2022
Location
Mansfield, Ohio, USA
I know that a lot of times, especially in popular culture, the war in Northern Europe, the Eastern Front, and the Pacific island hopping gets covered a ton. But what about the relatively unsung theaters of the conflict?

My particular favorite is the MTO. That started shortly after I really started to get into World War II. From reading about Italian infantry weapons to watching the film "Tea with Mussolini" to reading about stuff related to Italy before and during World War II and the MTO in general, I've always found that and the Balkans area pretty interesting.
 
Iraq and the immortal defence of RAF Habbaniyah by No.4 Flying Training School in May 1941.
 
PoW escapes & the long marches west.
 
Aegean 1943-45, starting with Dodecanese Campaign post Italian surrender, RAF anti-shipping operations, carrier strikes in late 1944 and even a battleship bombardment. Something of interest for everyone!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back