Favorite Post-War aircraft designer.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Whose name is actually Marcel Bloch, designer of Bloch aircraft in WW2 but changed his name when he left France to prevent being captured by the Germans. (I think thats the story anywho.)

No its not, and its a bit of an insult to the great man too (and I'm British !!)

During the War Marcel Bloch was interred by the Vichy Govt for refusing to co-operate with the Germans and he even spent several months in Buchenwald. He didn't adopt the name Dassault until 1949 and this was taken from his brother Pauls alias which he used during his time in the resistance.

Oh, and my favourite post war designer was Sidney Camm. If only we had built some more of the great designs he created (P.1121...sigh!)

I would also like to nominate Mikoyan - Gurevich. He never had the technology available ....

Er...Glider...

Mikoyan and Gurevich are TWO people....not one... and theirs was a design bureau, which meant that the later designs may or may NOT have beed drawn up under their inspiration and supervision...certainly the Mig-29 wasn't!

Sorry to show U up Glider....but I've seen that mistake before...and couldn't let it go uncorrected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back