Fiat Cr 42 Night Fighter - From Silver Wings kit in 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
this bird is now ready to fly in the night, trying to catch the hundreds of Lancasters attempting to bomb somewhere in Italy :(:(:(
We only speak modelling in this section, but could you imagine an old fashion biplane like this, with only two 12,7 m.g., trying to down a Lanc?

Anyway, here are the pictures.

DSCN0254 (2).JPG
DSCN0255 (2).JPG
DSCN0256 (2).JPG
DSCN0257 (2).JPG
DSCN0257.JPG
DSCN0258 (2).JPG
DSCN0258.JPG
DSCN0259.JPG
DSCN0260 (2).JPG

We are speaking about scratch-building somewhere else in this forum, in facts some scratch-building was required to make extended exhaust pipes, the search lights and wind generator.

View attachment 230455
DSCN0264.JPG
DSCN0265.JPG
DSCN0267.JPG

Some of the above pictures aren't too good, so I will try to take a few more (and better) pretty soon.
Alberto

Many thanks!
I just want to add a picture of the search light
DSCN0266.JPG

because the other isn't focus.
To make the lens in front of the lamp I used a 6 mm punch and a piece of transparent plastic from a blister. It worked better then plasticard because once punched-off, the little disk resulted convex, so really simulating a lens.
Alberto

I just want to add a couple of pictures, why?
Because some friends from an Italian forum suggested me that the propeller wasn't aluminium but a very light blue, as seen in these two pictures

25k6f06.jpg
AliAntiche73-vi.jpg

Therefore I tried to match that colour

DSCN0286.JPG
DSCN0287.JPG

Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back