**** FINISHED: 1/48 P-51B "Lambie II" - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: P-51B
Aftermarket addons: Aeromaster Decals, Eduard PE Cockpit Detail Set.

The subject is P-51B-10 flown by Lt. Col. John C. Meyer of 487th FS in 1944

6 mandatory pics.

View attachment 291980View attachment 291981View attachment 291982View attachment 291983View attachment 291984View attachment 291985

5 optionals.

View attachment 291986View attachment 291987View attachment 291988View attachment 291989View attachment 291990
Really cool to find this on the web - aircraft that my great uncle flew and was killed on DDay +1. Thanks for posting and appreciate your work. I never met him, but feel closer seeing this. Thank you!

Thanks for the note. Nice to see some of my old work being looked at again.
Thank you. Would love any additional information you might have on the actual plane. I've found that my great uncle, 2nd Lt. Clifford Patrick Garney was in the cockpit when he was killed on June 7, 1944. The plane's markings were for Lt. Col. John C. Meyer of 487th FS. Family story had Garney wounded on his mission that day over Normandy, but returning the plane to England. Not sure if the plane survived that landing as he died from his wounds that day in England. He is buried in his hometown of Waco, Texas. I don't know if the plane continued in service or was destroyed that day. With the number of kills from Lt. Col. Meyer, I would think its service continued, but would be interested in any other plane history you might have! Great work and appreciate the tribute!

I really don't have any information on this particular aircraft other than these two pics which I found on the net.

ho-m.jpg
Lambie John C Meyer.jpg

Appreciate it! Again, thanks for this and appreciate your replies and work! Great stuff 👍 Thank you!
Hi.
i am from UK and have been researching this aircraft, its pilot and the situation surrounding the crash. I am compiling a short story which is nearly complete and I would like CPGnephew to be the first to read it. Having seen the images of your model (stunning by the way) I would like to include one of the images but I feel that I should have your permission first. Hope that is OK. Note that this a private story and is not being done for commercial gain.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back