**** FINISHED: GB-48 1:48 TBM-3 Avenger - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Academy (Accurate Miniatures re-pop)
Model: Grumman TBM-3 Avenger Kit Number 12285
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: Decals from spares

A very nice kit with the exception of the instructions. The turret installation was the only serious problem. DO NOT....as the instruction show (no words) add the turret after the cockpit clear parts....it ain't gonna fit. The model was just about too large to fit on the poster board; I had to do some creative cropping

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Thanks to all who offered advice, commented or just popped in for a shufti. Off to do some Spitfires.....................................

A very nice kit with the exception of the instructions. The turret installation was the only serious problem. DO NOT....as the instruction show (no words) add the turret after the cockpit clear parts....it ain't gonna fit. The model was just about too large to fit on the poster board; I had to do some creative cropping

Thanks to all who offered advice, commented or just popped in for a shufti. Off to do some Spitfires.....................................
Great job, old friend!

Looks great. I've always liked the Atlantic camouflage too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back