**** Finished Shots of Each Build .... PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys, a request for future finished pics: please don't put your model on a mirror. Though it's good for showing off what's on the bottom, I'm finding that for judging purposes it makes the pictures far too busy to be able to pick up the quality of construction which is very important. If you wish to show off the bottom of your model, turn your model over, take some dedicated pics and ditch the mirror.

I'm also finding that many of you don't take your 12:00 and 6:00 shots from dead ahead and dead astern. Please try to line up your shots.

Thanks.

Grumpy Judge
Hey Andy. For the 6 and 12 oclock photos. Do you want them ground level to check anhidral and dihidral, landing gear etc or do you want them from a slightly elevated position looking down on the build?

Let us know please.

Jeff

Yeah, I realize I wasn't clear. They should be slightly elevated and with the centerline of the model vertical in the photo. In other words, if you drew a line from the middle of the spinner through the vertical stabilizer, that line would be vertical in your photo.

demo.jpg

I've mentioned before that the quality of the construction is given the highest weighting in the scoring system we use. You can have the most beautifully painted model but if your landing gear is crooked, dihedral not equal on both sides, ordnance all cockeyed, etc. then you will not place well. The only way we judges can see this kind of stuff is to have clear pictures of a properly posed subject with a plain background.

Yeah, I realize I wasn't clear. They should be slightly elevated and with the centerline of the model vertical in the photo. In other words, if you drew a line from the middle of the spinner through the vertical stabilizer, that line would be vertical in your photo.

View attachment 542431

I've mentioned before that the quality of the construction is given the highest weighting in the scoring system we use. You can have the most beautifully painted model but if your landing gear is crooked, dihedral not equal on both sides, ordnance all cockeyed, etc. then you will not place well. The only way we judges can see this kind of stuff is to have clear pictures of a properly posed subject with a plain background.
Thank you sir.

Jeff

Congratulations to everyone, colleagues and friends. (Better late than never) :pilotsalute:

Saludos :grouphuuug:
Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back