**** FINISHED: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya (kit 25204)
Model: Bf 109 G-6
Scale: 1/48

Presenting my 'forever' build, at least for me it was a long time in finishing. A couple of stints in hospital didn't help though. I did do the kit with the open engine option. I believe it adds to the attractiveness (and complexity) when displayed. One technical detail I am ignoring; the drop tank most likely was not attached when being serviced when the lower access panel was opened. What else was I to do with it? So I left it on, although not quite as snug a fit if the lower panel were not open .

Also, too apparent, are the decal pits. I had a fit of a time with the application of the primer, it went on to dry and settled as a rough surface. I thought (my mistake) that good color applications and gloss plus final would help. So much for me thinking!!

- Bf 109G-6 Port front.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Port rear.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 SB rear.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 SB front low.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Top.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Rear.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Front med.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Bottom rear.jpg

And a couple of extras to show some additional detail.

-- Bf 109G-6 Port low.jpg

-- Bf 109G-6 SB low.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Front2.jpg

- Bf 109G-6 Bottom front.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about all those little trifles Ralph, what I see is a beauty and the engine on display just add that extra panache. :thumbright: :thumbright:

Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Tamiya (kit 25204)
Model: Bf 109 G-6
Scale: 1/48

Presenting my 'forever' build, at least for me it was a long time in finishing. A couple of stints in hospital didn't help though. I did do the kit with the open engine option. I believe it adds to the attractiveness (and complexity) when displayed. One technical detail I am ignoring; the drop tank most likely was not attached when being serviced when the lower access panel was opened. What else was I to do with it? So I left it on, although not quite as snug a fit if the lower panel were not open .

Also, too apparent, are the decal pits. I had a fit of a time with the application of the primer, it went on to dry and settled as a rough surface. I thought (my mistake) that good color applications and gloss plus final would help. So much for me thinking!!

View attachment 760390
View attachment 760392
View attachment 760396
View attachment 760394
View attachment 760397
View attachment 760393
View attachment 760388
View attachment 760387

And a couple of extras to show some additional detail.

View attachment 760391
View attachment 760395
View attachment 760389
View attachment 760386
Excellent job there good sir. Great detail, well marked. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back