First glimpse of the Boeing 787

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And I was coming to edit my last post.. I'll add it here

I'm pretty much sold on the strut being a standard part mechanically. Being capable of accepting both a GE and RR engine....

My question is whether the small amount of electrical interface within the strut is the same for both engines ?

Normally I understand an engine undergo's testing on a universal pylon, However with the T1000 engine, boeing (maybe the certification auth. ?) stipulated that it will undergo it's ETOPS test (Extended Operations) attached to a 787 strut...

So technically the engine and it's strut gets certification, I hazzard a guess this is the same for GE...

Simon

And I was coming to edit my last post.. I'll add it here

I'm pretty much sold on the strut being a standard part mechanically. Being capable of accepting both a GE and RR engine....

My question is whether the small amount of electrical interface within the strut is the same for both engines ?
On aircraft that I worked on where there was an "engine option" there was little difference in the electrical interface and there is usually an installation kit that allows installation and electrical harnesses are usually part of this kit.

Normally I understand an engine undergo's testing on a universal pylon, However with the T1000 engine, boeing (maybe the certification auth. ?) stipulated that it will undergo it's ETOPS test (Extended Operations) attached to a 787 strut...

So technically the engine and it's strut gets certification, I hazzard a guess this is the same for GE...

Simon

It depends on the manufacturer's certification plan when they comply with FAR 25, Airworthiness Standards, Transport Category Aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back