FLight home from Tampa....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
The turbulence was so bad the pilot was probably considering landing the plane.....the flight was just constant shaking the some carry-on items were falling into the aisle...the landing was the worst part.....the front of the plane smacked down twice very hard....we were flying an Boeing 737-900 full flight too. I love flying but I have to say that was a scary flight.....

I was on a 737 coming in for a landing at Grande Prairie AB. I was in a left row window seat when I noticed that the runway was just off the left wing tip. We stayed like that until just over the end of the runway when the Captain finally straightened out to make the landing. I don't know if anyone else noticed what was happening, but I might have left some dents in the armrests. Turned there was a heck of a crosswind.:shock:

The two worst flights for me:

1. July 1995, American Airlines Boeing 767 from Frankfurt, Germany to Dallas Texas. Thunderstorms everywhere and a few tornados sprung up. The Pilot made an emergency landing in Tulsa, Oklahoma and we had to get into the Tornado shelters. The shelters starting flooding... Oh back to the turbulence. It fricken sucked. It was like being at 6 Flags.

2. August 2005, Thomas Cook Airlines Boeing 767 from Frankfurt, Germany to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We had to fly through what was left of Hurricane Katrina. It was like a 6 flags ride as well. The turbulence was so bad that the pilot had to order the Cabin Crew to take there seats and he announced that he considered turning the plane around. (Like I would have minded spending another night on the Island :lol:).

All in all though, I do not mind turbulence. I have been flying for so long that it does not really bother me. I have flown missions in a Blackhawk where we were thrown around like a piece of paper in the wind. Passengers in the back were blowing chunks all inside the cabin. Man it was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back