Flying the Ta 152H

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok guys last one for awhile now..........

I had the answer and posted this MANY times on the forums, but now you are going to hear it from the vet that flew that craft himself ...........

Was the Ta 152 created to battle the US B-29 ?

The Ta 152 was not meant to be the answer to the B-29, as the bomber was not even known to us ( Luftwaffe ), during the war. The Ta was planned as the high altitude fighter with maximum altitude of 14,000 + metres and with it's armament also as the attacker against US four-engined bombers. Use of this Ta 152 fighter was also to be used in battling the US P-51 Mustang but not just this one.....

lesofprimus said:
Excellent info Erich.... We all pretty much knew about the B-29 fiasco, and this proves it, and Keil knocking down a P-51D is BIG news...

BIG news?? I didn't even think there was an issue about the Ta-152H being superior to the P-51D. Did anybody claim this? This is no surprise. It is also no surprise that they met the P-51D. If they took off at all, which we know they did, they were likely to run into one.

This is no news.

There hasnt been one shread of info besides the one scrubbed mission that there was a possible contact with the P-51's, and a well known pilot knocking one down IS big news, and I dont recall anyone stating the superiority of the Tank vs the -51D was in question...

And another thing, who the fu*k asked for ur opinion in the first place @sshole... If u dont want to be constructive to the topic, shut yer fu*king yap....

davparl :

It is big news, authors have been reluctant to release any shred of evidence except to say Kurt T outran P-51's in his Ta variant. but there was not proof that JG 301 serving on the Ost front ever encountered P-51's at altitude, only mid alt. Soviet a/c types. So then again it was not an expectation at all ....... you may feel it is no big deal but it is an enlightening one compared to what has been in text and ridiculous web-sites in supposed authority without further research

Erich said:
davparl :

It is big news, authors have been reluctant to release any shred of evidence except to say Kurt T outran P-51's in his Ta variant. but there was not proof that JG 301 serving on the Ost front ever encountered P-51's at altitude, only mid alt. Soviet a/c types. So then again it was not an expectation at all ....... you may feel it is no big deal but it is an enlightening one compared to what has been in text and ridiculous web-sites in supposed authority without further research

Okay, I understand. Its like knowing that a wreak site is a specific ship but having no evidence and then finding the bell with the name on it. It is important. Sorry for my response, it just seemed so obvious to me.

lesofprimus said:
And another thing, who the fu*k asked for ur opinion in the first place @sshole... If u dont want to be constructive to the topic, shut yer fu*king yap....

Very eloquent. I am sure everyone is impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back