For Terry AKA Airframes :)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I truly think one big factor in winning the ww2 are these grease heads. Amis do have an edge in this era i believe. Although many countries had greaseheads, i do think Amis had a few points ahead.

Except offcourse the man in a shed in Blighty.
I think the Usaaf guys had a bit more freedom to do stuff, but still.

Today it will be different, as most kids never changed even a tire.

Two thoughts:
As an apprentice assistant propeller repairman, I wince at the big file used on the prop leading edge.

To add to the lack of male kids' mechanical ability, a neighbor's daughter had to change the tire on her date's dad's Buick in her prom dress. She had to show him where the jack was and how to use it. When I was still working, the young ladies at one account told of a male coworker who finally saved enough to buy his first car. He bought a fancy red convertible and took the girls for a ride. Got a flat on a new tire and had never changed a tire. The ladies found the jack, showed him how it worked, changed the tire, and he then rolled the flat complete with aluminum rim to the ditch. He thought he had to buy the whole thing new.

Users who are viewing this thread