For Terry AKA Airframes :)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Methinks I'll have to get the book these came from Paul - the RAF book shown in your latest haul I presume ?
The quality and clarity of the pics is outstanding and, from a modeller's point of view, there is a lot of background detail which will be useful for dioramas and cameos.

LOL Terry to be honest there is no book. These are pictures from Life collection that I have saved from WWII Radio on Facebook. I just have been saving them and since most people probably have not seen them I posted them here. That and most people hate Facebook so I thought you would like them. Of which is the last series I have at least with British origin is on the Eagle Squadron or American pilots that flew with Britain before America entered WWII.

That and plan and simply I like to research. After all the stuff I have posted here most of which I have found on the internet and those web sites have disappeared. This one is still here and for the most part the reference library still complete from when I started. I never know what to post any more as figured most people not interested any more or have found it themselves. So I keep saving stuff and stashing it away for when I do retire in another 15 or more years LOL. You have any questions feel free to ask as I never know what I will find or turn up

Last edited:
Ah, they're from 'Life' - that explains the quality then. They were most likely taken with a 4 x 5 or 6.5 x 8.5 plate camera, using the Kodak 'Press F' materials, as well as 'fill in' flash, methods and equipment common to American publicity and Press photography at the time, and slightly different to British methods.
Some great pics, even though many were obviously posed, and a couple of recognisable faces among the 'Eagles'.

Don't know about the Battle, Wayne, although they should, but I believe there's a 1/48th scale version of their recently re-tooled 1/72nd scale Blenheim due some time, as they did with the Defiant - hopefully in either both bomber and fighter versions, or maybe parts to build one or the other in one kit.
Heard about it at least a year ago, but haven't seen anything yet keeping my fingers crossed though.

Users who are viewing this thread