For Terry AKA Airframes :)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. Personally, I'd like to see Airfix release all the major RAF aircraft of WW2, in 1/48th scale, including Hudson, Whitley, Wellington, Hampden, Stirling, Halifax and Lancaster - and add some of the ground equipment, and trucks too. They've just released a USAAF set in 1/72nd, which includes an Autocar fuel tanker, which I'm sure would sell out quickly in 1/48th scale. Hopefully they'll do what they did with the RAF stuff, and release at least some of them in 1/48th scale.

Incredible pics!
Thanks for sharing.
Every one of those Hurricanes are equipped with the early MKII gunsight ( oval reflector plate)
and you even have a Lancaster with a Course Setting Bombsight in there.

... looking for pictures for my B-24D, I have entertained enjoying this wonderful collection of photos ... several of them for future reference; and most importantly, admire the essence of feeling of the photographer and his objectives.

Thanks Paul for sharing. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Yes , quite right !
A Halifax MKI or early MK II sporting
RR engines and turret nose?
Pictures appear to be from 1940-41?

... looking for pictures for my B-24D, I have entertained enjoying this wonderful collection of photos ... several of them for future reference; and most importantly, admire the essence of feeling of the photographer and his objectives.

Thanks Paul for sharing. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Your welcome Luis!!! What kind of picture are you looking for your B-24D, a specific squadron?

Your welcome Luis!!! What kind of picture are you looking for your B-24D, a specific squadron?

I very much appreciate your reply and interest Paul.

If you have the time you can see in the section "start to finish builts" I start a B-24D Liberator 1/48; this is the version that will perform:

Consolidated B-24D-20-CO, 98th Bomber Group, 343th Bomber Squadron; Brindisi, Italien; auf "Bond Tour" in den USA, Winter 1943

B-24D-The-Squaw-North-Africa-CaptainRoydenI.jpg

SQUAW6.jpg

I am collecting pictures of the interior, especially the landing gear, the nose cone; Flight Engineer area (rear pilots) and where are the side gunners.

I do not want to intrude here, so give me pleasure to greet you and if you have some pictures to share, I see you on my workbench.

I appreciate your support and congratulations again for such great pictures. Will watch closely to see that follow you for sharing.

Un abrazo y saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

I very much appreciate your reply and interest Paul.

If you have the time you can see in the section "start to finish builts" I start a B-24D Liberator 1/48; this is the version that will perform:

Consolidated B-24D-20-CO, 98th Bomber Group, 343th Bomber Squadron; Brindisi, Italien; auf "Bond Tour" in den USA, Winter 1943

View attachment 344350

View attachment 344351

I am collecting pictures of the interior, especially the landing gear, the nose cone; Flight Engineer area (rear pilots) and where are the side gunners.

I do not want to intrude here, so give me pleasure to greet you and if you have some pictures to share, I see you on my workbench.

I appreciate your support and congratulations again for such great pictures. Will watch closely to see that follow you for sharing.

Un abrazo y saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Give me a couple of days Luis, I think I might have some pictures that will help you. I have some interior pictures of the B-24A model Diamond Lil which may help. Ive also seen that picture before and will see if I can dig up some more info.

All the best
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back