Found in a field - part of a plane or tractor?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Al B

Recruit
Sep 16, 2011
Probably an accelerator cable end from a Tractor or similar, but always wondered if it could be part of a WWII plane as quite near to Kenley aerodrome. Any experts recognise it please?
photo.JPG

What you have there my friend is an alien rectal probe, if I don't miss my guess...either from Alpha or Proximus Centari. Not that I have personal experience in these matters, just a broad spectrum of knowledge.

Oh, and one other thing...it looks used so I wouldn't touch it anymore. :lol:

What appears to be a covering sheath over the cable, and the red end cap, look to be somewhat modern materials, so probably not from a vintage aircraft. More than likely a vehicle or machinery-related cable I think.

Thanks Airframes for taking my question seriously. Please can someone contact the Admin for me, I lost my password for my Al B account and could not get a password reminder to work on a PC nor Mac, and any contact attempts have failed. I would like Al B and Al B 2 accounts deleted please. This is not one of my interests, I was just hoping someone would have expertise in such parts.
Cap V you didn't scare me away, but to be honest it felt like you were taking the p out of a stranger in front of your friends! I am sure you didn't mean it like that, but just for feedback!

Please also remove this post and thread, I don't think I found anything of interest.

Al B 2 - I apologize whole-heartedly and wish you would reconsider your wish to leave the forum. Honestly I would rather the MODs take some action against me then to have you leave the board. Again my sincerest apologies.

Kindest regards, Jim

Hi Jim, please don't apologise I only meant that I only joined to the forum to ask that question, and thought I would bow out as it does not look like an aircraft part! I apologise if it looked like I need to lighten up more :) it was quite funny really. Let's get the Admin to remove this thread then we are all good.

Best wishes,
Alan

Just to jump in before it goes.... looking at the colouring I would say its a toss-up between falling off an International Harvester/Case/Zetor Crystal tractor or maybe Combine. Deffo not Massey Feguson as the base colour is incorrect !. Ford, Fendt, New Holland, Fiat, Renault, Track Marshall, John Deer are all different base colours. . Possibly also from a seed drill from Ransomes. I used to be into agricultural stuff many a year ago

In other words, its agricultural :)

Ooooaaarrrrrr !

Well I still feel bad about it all. And still think you should stay on the forum because they are a great bunch guys and the content is interesting and varied.

Oh and I thank you for your gracious reply...and Gary for giving you some good info - Hey Al B 2 did you know that guy (Gary) is building a NAA P-51D Mustang cockpit from scratch! Just one of the interesting and knowledgable blokes we have wandering the halls around here... Please reconsider and browse.

Jim

Thanks all, I suspected it was a farmer thing! Yes Jim you are right, I will stay as you have made me feel so welcome and now I feel bad for my comments that look far worse than I was thinking! Anyway I might unearth another UBO (buried!) to ask you all about
Best,
Alan

Hey Alan, you keep walking the fields 'heads down'... you'd be very surprised at whats laying around, especially around old wartime bases !!. you find it, stick on here and we'll see what we can come up with., cos we're also into custom cars, traction engines, power boats, hot rods, custom bikes...in fact just about anything mechanical

Welcome aboard by the way:thumbleft:

Yep, stick around Alan. Even if you have no interest in Aviation, there's some good stuff, and great banter here.
So, Gary is is 'into agricultural stuff' eh? Hmm, now I know why sheep look worried in Wiltshire !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back