Funny Persian ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1- ARTESH, I was only asking the basic principle.

2- Is a translation of "three hundred and thirty three" into an Arabic script language the same or three and thirty and threehundred?

3- In Paris I worked with a young man from a place I knew as "IRAN" he was quite adamant that he came from Persia, he was Persian and proud of his Persian history, he had little to say about Iran so I completely understand what you are saying.

4- I speak English as a native speaker, and also French German and Italian. I have "bits" of other languages like Arabic Japanese Portuguese Polish Tagalog etc.

5- One question I frequently asked was what is "To be or not to be, that is the question" (From Shakespeare, Hamlet) when I heard the translations of these in French, German and Italian which I understand, they are not actually translations, just similar but not identical expressions.

6- Since you are fluent in English and Persion try it? Translate "To be, or not to be--that is the question:" to Persian, then translate it back.
1- Hi, and sorry for delay.

2- Yes. I know what you asked. Your answer is the first one. Bolded and colored.

Since my Language is not Arabic, i can't help you with that.

Like Russian and Hungarian - Albanian and Russian - English and Hungarian - English and Russian -and so many other examples.

3- That's good.

4- Good. i've tried to learn French several years ago ... but i didn't like that. I like Balkan and Eastern European Languages. My Favorite ones are Romanian and Hungarian, due to Historical reasons. they've defeated Bloodthirsthy Ottoman Army. they didn't let Islam find a new place. i hope you or others can understand how important was it. also Polish and Czech, for their beatyfull Cartoons made my childhood.

5- one main reason to this, is the diffrent Grammar and Vocabolary system of each Language.

6- in Persian, it is same as in English:

Boodan ya naboodan , Soal ine.

To be, or not to be; that is the question.

We have Words for "5 days ago" and "Five days after " in Persian.

The Words Are:

Pas Oon Yeki Pas Parirooz --- پس اون یکی پس پریروز

Oon Yeki Pas Parirooz --- اون یکی پس پریروز

Pas Parirooz --- پس پریروز

Parirooz --- پریروز

Dirooz --- دیروز

Emrooz --- امروز

Farda --- فردا

Pas Farda --- پس فردا

Pas -e Pas Farda --- پس پس فردا

Oon Yeki Pas Farda --- اون یکی پس فردا

Pas Oon Yeki Pas Farda --- پس اون یکی پس فردا

Also we have these Tongue Twister:

1- Dishab parishab, passparishab, sakht shabe sardi bood dishab

دیشب، پریشب، پس پریشب، شب سردی بود دیشب

2- Emshab shabe seshanbas, farda shabam seshanbas. In se se shabo oon se se shab, har se se shab seshanbas.

امشب شب سه شنبه اس، فردا شبم سه شنبس، این سه سه شب و اون سه سه شب، هر سه سه شب سه شنبه س

Do you have Such Words / Tongue Twisters in your Language ?

I know that Russians Have this, but I don't know the Words.

So try to this.. :lol:

szcz1.jpg

Lol Wurger, what is difficult in a persons mother tongue is usually impossible for a foreign speaker. My translator used to get a tight mouth and tongue after a few hours speaking, using muscles he never normally used to make English words.

This is a place name from Wales (honestly)

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Hard is childish for this one !!!

Robat Salibi -ye Maghzam Pare Shod !!!

رباط صلیبی مغزم پاره شد !!!

رباط صلیبی = ACL = Anterior cruciate ligament - Wikipedia

مغز = Brain, Head

پاره شد = out of action, Disabled

Jomleh Sangin Bud, Yek Maah Estrahat!!!

جمله سنگین بود، یک ماه استراحت

The sentence was very heavy, one month off.

Pleases Tarjomeh !

Please Translate it!

In a grove of sorrel in Wrzeszcz clapping ticks in the rain,
a goldfinch whispers in a chink,
a puppy barks in Szczuczyn,
a bee squeals near Pszczyna,
a cricket whizzes at nut-tree,
and three robins and a caterpillar lug overcoats in Szypliszki.

Last edited:
I had a colleague called Steve Llewellyn from Wales when working in Germany. The Germans re named him "Smith" because his name was so hard to remember and sounded nothing like the way it is written.
Comparing to some of Polish Last Names, it is Nothing.

And here some more...

1. Jerzy nie wierzy, że na wieży leży sto talerzy.
Jerzy doesn't believe that one hundred plates are lying on the tower.

2. Jola lojalna, nielojalna Jola.
Loyal Jola, disloyal Jola

3. Król Karol kupił królowej Karolinie korale koloru koralowego.
King Carol bought coral-coloured beads for queen Caroline.

4. Nie pieprz Pietrze wieprza pieprzem, bo przepieprzysz wieprza pieprzem.
Peter, don't pepper the pork with pepper because you'll over-pepper the pork with pepper.

5. W czasie suszy, szosa sucha.
In times of drought the road is dry.

6. W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie i Szczebrzeszyn z tego słynie.
In Szczebrzeszyn a beetle sounds in the reeds and Szczebrzeszyn is famous for it.

7. Szedł Sasza suchą szosą, bo gdy susza szosa sucha.
Sasha walked down the dry street because when there is drought the road is dry.

8. Pchła pchłę pchała, pchła płakała.
A flea was pushing a flea, the flea was crying.

9. Ząb, zupa zębowa. Dąb, zupa dębowa.
Tooth, tooth soup. Oak, oak soup.

10. Spadł bąk na strąk , a strąk na pąk. Pękł pąk, pękł strąk, a bąk się zląkł.
A bumble-bee fell on a hull and a hull on a bud. The bud busted and the hull busted and a bumble-bee was frightened.

In English?
That was the basic problem. Wales has a language itself which has nothing to do with English. But Wales is part of the UK and all people speak English some being bi lingual. The Germans spoke perfect English in normal conversation but were suddenly confronted with a word from another word. The name is pronounced as it is in Welsh because it is his name Welsh is an ancient Celtic language with many guttural sounds.

I had a colleague called Steve Llewellyn from Wales when working in Germany. The Germans re named him "Smith" because his name was so hard to remember and sounded nothing like the way it is written.
Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz

Try to prounounce this !!!

i don't know that it is a real one or no, But it is much harder than what you Said.

That was the basic problem. Wales has a language itself which has nothing to do with English. But Wales is part of the UK and all people speak English some being bi lingual. The Germans spoke perfect English in normal conversation but were suddenly confronted with a word from another word. The name is pronounced as it is in Welsh because it is his name Welsh is an ancient Celtic language with many guttural sounds.

Oh. now grasped. There are still in Poland groups that use their own local dialects too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back