Funny Persian ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know, about 20 years ago I had an Iranian girlfriend. She taught me how to write my name like that. I learned much more, but now, the girlfriend is long gone and the only things I still remember is a couple of very bad words and how to write my name in Farsi :lol:
if you really like to learn Persian,
I can help you.
No problem.

if you really like to learn Persian,
I can help you.
No problem.
Thanks for the offer. One of my closest colleagues is Iranian and in the other corridor we there is another Iranian colleague. So if I really want to I can ask them I suppose. Hammet actually taught me to play the Sitar (i think that's what the name is), a Persian lute. Great instrument. I still want him to do a song with my band. He still did not answer on that one :D

Thanks for the offer. One of my closest colleagues is Iranian and in the other corridor there is another Iranian colleague. So if I really want to I can ask them I suppose. Hammet actually taught me to play the Sitar (i think that's what the name is), a Persian lute. Great instrument. I still want him to do a song with my band. He still did not answer on that one :D
That's good.

Do you have any video ?

I hope he agrees.

Awaiting for good news.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get #6, it's pretty funny and could be said about some generations from a number of countries.

One of my coolest professors in college was Iranian. I'm really glad you have joined, we don't have a lot of members from that area of the world and it's always great to get different opinions about military stuff.

Try these Persian Tounge Twisters:

سربازی سر بازی سرسره بازی سر سربازی را شکست.

شیش سیخ کباب سیخی شیش هزار.

شیشصد و شصت و شیش سه تا شیش داره.

قوری گل قرمزی.

صدای سنگین سکوت در سرسرا پیچیده بود.

بر او خم کرد چپ و چپ کرد راست ***** خروش از خم چرخ چاچی بخواست

خیزید و خز آرید که هنگام خزان است ***** باد خنک ز جانب خوارزم وزان است

Another funny thing about Persian Language:

You can put up to 20 verbs in a sentence, and it would be ok.

Like This one that contains 19 verbs:

داشتم می رفتم دیدم گرفت نشست گفتم بذار بپرسم ببینم میاد نمیاد دیدم میگه نمی خوام بیام بذار برم بخوابم.

Try to translate this to your language with GT or any other translator.

I wish you best luck.

Marcel Marcel ,

من هلندی / آلمانی بلد نیستم.

Man Hollandi / Almani ballad nistam.

I don't understand Dutch/ German.

But, that sentence is translated as:

I was going , I saw him sat , I said let me ask him, would he come or not. He answered: I don't want to come, just let me to go home and sleep.

Now, try to translate this.

من رفتم، دیدم او را نشسته، گفتم اجازه دهید از او بپرسم، او می آید یا نه. او پاسخ داد: نمی خواهم بیا، فقط اجازه دارم به خانه بروم و بخوابم.

Mine said (in Dutch) "Google translate is not reacting, please try again" :lol:

it is very Formal and has lots of Grammar errors.

Most important differences:

1: man raftam : means I went.

Man dashtam miraftam, means I was going.

2- Didam oo ra neshasteh, this is wrong. In Persian, we don't have this type. But in Dari and Tajik, It's normal to use this type of writing.

3- and in Dutch ? Is yet not reacting ?

آدمیزاد موجود عجیبی است
برای هدایتش صد و بیست و چهار هزار پیامبر کفایت نکرد
اما برای گمراه کردنش
یک شیطان کافی بود...

----------------

The human being is strange.

To guide him, 124000 Prophets did not suffice.

But to mislead him, A devil was enough.

هر سربازی
در جیبهایش
در موهایش
و لای دکمه های یونیفورمش
زنی را به میدان جنگ می ‌برد
آمار کشته های جنگ
همیشه غلط بوده است
هر گلوله
دونفر را از پا در می آورد
سرباز
و دختری که در سینه اش می‌ تپد...

ایرانی ها تنها ملتی هستند که چهار زمان دارند
۱- زمان گذشته
۲- زمان حال
۳- زمان آینده
۴- زمان شاه

Persian, Arabic, Kurdish and all other languages that are written with Arabic Script, have Something interesting ...

1- Similar Letters .

In English, We have only one "Z".

But in Persian and Arabic, we have 4 different "Z"s.

Alphabetical order woud be:

1- ذ

Ḏāl - Wikipedia

2-ز

Zayin - Wikipedia

3- ض

Ḍād - Wikipedia

4- ظ

Ẓāʾ - Wikipedia

try to pronounce them !!! till i right next part.

Persian, Arabic, Kurdish and all other languages that are written with Arabic Script, have Something interesting ...

What I found interesting in Saudi Arabia is that firstly we call our numbers in the west "Arabic" when they are actually Persian. Secondly while the script is read from right to left the numbers are written down in the same way by both. Therefore someone reading an Arabic text comes to the lowest digit first like unit, tens, hundreds, thousands etc. Whereas in the west we read Thousands hundreds, tens, units.

How does an Arabic speaker read out a number?

What I found interesting in Saudi Arabia is that firstly we call our numbers in the west "Arabic" when they are actually Persian. Secondly while the script is read from right to left the numbers are written down in the same way by both. Therefore someone reading an Arabic text comes to the lowest digit first like unit, tens, hundreds, thousands etc. Whereas in the west we read Thousands hundreds, tens, units.

How does an Arabic speaker read out a number?

Afew things you must know:

1- Persian is written in Arabic Script. BUT it is not a Semythic language.
2- Even a well educated native Persian Speaker can not Speak Arabic very good.

as an example, myself, i can only Conjugate simple past of a few Arabic Verbs.

and only Arabic sentence i know is:

ا تعلمین من هو ؟

wich means "Do you Know who is he?"

Arabic is not very Popular in Iran, due to both Historical and Political reasons, as well as very weak and Completly outdated Teaching system in Iran.

A Farsi / Persian Native Speaker, can not understand a daily speach in Arabic.

Afew things you must know:

1- Persian is written in Arabic Script. BUT it is not a Semythic language.
2- Even a well educated native Persian Speaker can not Speak Arabic very good.

as an example, myself, i can only Conjugate simple past of a few Arabic Verbs.

and only Arabic sentence i know is:

ا تعلمین من هو ؟

wich means "Do you Know who is he?"

Arabic is not very Popular in Iran, due to both Historical and Political reasons, as well as very weak and Completly outdated Teaching system in Iran.

A Farsi / Persian Native Speaker, can not understand a daily speach in Arabic.
ARTESH, I was only asking the basic principle. Is a translation of "three hundred and thirty three" into an Arabic script language the same or three and thirty and threehundred?

In Paris I worked with a young man from a place I knew as "IRAN" he was quite adamant that he came from Persia, he was Persian and proud of his Persian history, he had little to say about Iran so I completely understand what you are saying.

I speak English as a native speaker, and also French German and Italian. I have "bits" of other languages like Arabic Japanese Portuguese Polish Tagalog etc.

One question I frequently asked was what is "To be or not to be, that is the question" (From Shakespeare, Hamlet) when I heard the translations of these in French, German and Italian which I understand, they are not actually translations, just similar but not identical expressions. Since you are fluent in English and Persion try it? Translate "To be, or not to be--that is the question:" to Persian, then translate it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back