Funny!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
But sadly in my case true!

tn_800x600_1515728_23674_makettezo.jpg

I think the membership of this club will grow extensively...however, we should recognize that not everyone accepts that they have this problem. I hereby propose we open the first international branch of Kit Collectors Anonymous. I'll start...

My name is Mark and I collect kits. I buy them with every intention of building a scale masterpiece. Sometimes I even reach the stage of starting something. But inevitably inertia takes over and progress slows until it eventually grinds to a complete halt. I admit that every few months I will review my "stash", open a box or two, touch the plastic and daydream of the finished model proudly on display...then I close the box, put it back in the stash and go back to the books looking for yet more "interesting" markings for my unbuilt kits. I NEED HELP!!!

I think the membership of this club will grow extensively...however, we should recognize that not everyone accepts that they have this problem. I hereby propose we open the first international branch of Kit Collectors Anonymous. I'll start...

My name is Mark and I collect kits. I buy them with every intention of building a scale masterpiece. Sometimes I even reach the stage of starting something. But inevitably inertia takes over and progress slows until it eventually grinds to a complete halt. I admit that every few months I will review my "stash", open a box or two, touch the plastic and daydream of the finished model proudly on display...then I close the box, put it back in the stash and go back to the books looking for yet more "interesting" markings for my unbuilt kits. I NEED HELP!!!

Welcome. You have completed the first of 12 steps. Now you must accept that I am the higher power and only I can help you and you must send all of your stash directly to me.

Can I be Vice-President?

Hi, my name is Jim and I collect kits. I buy them with every intention of building a scale masterpiece. Sometimes I even reach the stage of starting something. But inevitably inertia takes over and progress slows until it eventually grinds to a complete halt. I admit that every few months I will review my "stash", open a box or two, touch the plastic and daydream of the finished model proudly on display...then I close the box, put it back in the stash and go back to the books looking for yet more "interesting" markings for my unbuilt kits. But, you know what? I DON'T NEED HELP!!! :D ...OR DO I??? :(

Hi, my name is Jim and I collect kits. I buy them with every intention of building a scale masterpiece. Sometimes I even reach the stage of starting something. But inevitably inertia takes over and progress slows until it eventually grinds to a complete halt. I admit that every few months I will review my "stash", open a box or two, touch the plastic and daydream of the finished model proudly on display...then I close the box, put it back in the stash and go back to the books looking for yet more "interesting" markings for my unbuilt kits. But, you know what? I DON'T NEED HELP!!! :D ...OR DO I??? :(
That says it all!!!

I have two car kits now - one I got in June for a birthday gift, and the other I bought for myself - The earlier one is of Nigel Mansell's F1 Williams car when he was at the height of his fame... it had a small amount of yellow paint applied when new, but since then it has been in the cupboard.... so, umm.. I am guessing 1985, which makes it around 27 years old... take that prevarication! I beat you!... oh, wait...:rolleyes:

Well, I'm certainly in the upper heirarchy of this exclusive, but well populated club...

I not have models that have been sitting in thier boxes about as long as Clave's...but I also have a partially built Bf109G still waiting to be finished from the first official group build...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back