Fuselage gluing problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FL350

Recruit
Jun 15, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I know that this is mostly a WW2 aircraft site, but seeing the amazing models here, I can imagine someone has had this problem. I am building a 1:200 scale Lufthansa B747-400, and upon trying to glue the fuselage pieces together, I see that they are asymmetrical. When you line the nose up correctly, the tail section is asymmetrical, as in the tail does not line up. Meanwhile, if the tail is lined up properly, the same problem occurs with the nose. :( Has anyone else has this problem? Thanks in advance for replies!

So it might mean that one or both halves of the fuselage have been bended. A few shots of the fuselage and the front part could help with assessment and finding of a solution. The effect could be caused by too quick taking the kit sprues out of the injection machine ( moulds ). It shouldn't be difficult to correct that.

If it is only out a fraction you could try glueing and clamping the nose and then gluing and clamping the tail. Once they have a hold work back along the fuselage and glue. Dry fit as best you can first to see if this way is feasible. Sometimes you end up with a gap to fill. Sometimes it just won't work.

Best of luck,
David.

That's good advice guys!

With Wojtek too, if you could post some pics of the problem it will be easier to solve.

I will most likely have pics tomorrow. Thanks David, I will definitely try.

On a separate note, does anyone know how to get rid of that pesky ad in the middle of my post!?

Thanks everyone!
-Czarek P.

I can't see any adverts in your posts. Anyway, check settings of your net browser and block the pop-up windows.

So it might mean that one or both halves of the fuselage have been bended. A few shots of the fuselage and the front part could help with assessment and finding of a solution. The effect could be caused by too quick taking the kit sprues out of the injection machine ( moulds ). It shouldn't be difficult to correct that.

You can also try immersing the bent parts in a hot water bath and straightening them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back