Fw 189 vrs Bv 141.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Not sure if this is posted in the right spot but here goes. The similarity between the crew compartment on both planes is notable. I have heard they are the same and also that they are not. I have been let to believe that components for both planes were at times assembled in the same factory and to save time the same jigs were used for both planes. This doesn't make sense to me as both companies would have been in competition with each other for the ultimate contract. Is it possible that one just copied the others design ?

Not sure if this is posted in the right spot but here goes. The similarity between the crew compartment on both planes is notable. I have heard they are the same and also that they are not. I have been let to believe that components for both planes were at times assembled in the same factory and to save time the same jigs were used for both planes. This doesn't make sense to me as both companies would have been in competition with each other for the ultimate contract. Is it possible that one just copied the others design ?
Only having made both Airfix models both cabins were very similar but not the same at the rear. An aircraft company doesn't usually make the glass or Perspex, they may have sourced from the same place as the FW189 and made framework to hold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back