Fw 190 D with motorkannon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kanguruh

Recruit
Feb 2, 2013
Hello all I found this picture in a pictorial and it is stated this is a D12. I believe its a D13, it is said to have belly landed with natural metal Cowlings. Not much else can be seen.... Any experts in here have an opinion on what size MM weapon we are looking at? If it was actually flying enough to crash land and be found by US soldiers im doubting it was a D 12. Thanks

Attachments

• Cannon.jpg
    Cannon.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
kanguruh,

I am not an authority on the Fw 190, but according to Deitmar Harmann all D-12s and D-13s had the same armament: one MK 108 30mm cannon firing through the prop hub and two MG 151 20mm cannons. Once again, I cannot verify that the Fw 190 in the picture is a D-12. Good luck buddy, I'm betting that someone on this sight has the answer for you. Jeff

No weapon in this picture, just a (hollow?) prop shaft.

I agree,but that is a blast tube extending beyond the hub to the front of the (absent) spinner.
There's not much to tell from such a photo but my money would be on a D-13. There is an old saying,"Don't look for a zebra when there's a donkey in the pasture"
Cheers
Steve

I agree with the post above. Also it is correct that it is a propeller pipe-shaft for firing through it with MG 151/20 for D-13 or Mk 108 30mm cannon for the D-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back