FW 190 in s´Sweden

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nov 12, 2010
sweden2.jpg

FW 190 F-8 W.Nr 931 484 'Black C + I' of III./S.G. 3
some info off this german beast off the air,please?:oops:

'Black C + I' was an FW 190 F-8 of III./S.G.3. It carried a more conventional late-war camouflage scheme, either RLM 81/82 or 81/83 (probably the former). It had outdated Hakenkreuz and Balkenkreuz markings. Aboard were three men, Lt. Heinz Topfer, Gefr. Helmuth Bohm and Ofw. Hermann Goldenbohm. The aircraft crash-landed, and after being scrapped, the parts were turned over to the Soviet Union in autumn 1945

If memory serves there was a book written specifically about Luftwaffe aircraft in Sweden. The authors name was Bo... damned if I can remember his surname though.

Hi,

More about FW 190s in Sweden on my website, here: Focke-Wulf 190 Landings in Sweden during World War II (although I badly need to update that page). 'Black C + I' was one of the aircraft flying out of the Courland Pocket on 8 May 1945 to escape the Soviets. The pilot of 'Black C + I', Lt. Heinz Töpfer, died in Sweden in November 1945.

The author alluded to above was Bo Widfeldt, who has published several books on Luftwaffe landings in Sweden (in English and Swedish). I'll be telling the stories of the Courland airmen who landed in Sweden in my forthcoming Air War Courland book.

Cheers,
Andrew A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back