FW 190 Wreck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wow, it's amazing they were able to hoist that outta the water intact! then again, I seen a show about a team of explorers hoisting a B-25C out of the water intact.

That was no more than a couple of years back. IIRC that one belly-landed in '42 or so, think engine failure.

Saw it Flypast or The Aeroplane or one of the standard mags - again IIRC will be restored to static.

JG 5 was mostly in Norway and Denmark. Those cold waters can preserve pretty good.

mhuxt, do you have a date better than 1942? There is a website that lists wrecks in Denmark that I could check.

Sorry, was December 43.

If you google for

"Fw 190" Norway 16

you'll find some links. Weisse 16 I think it was, or Gelbe 16.

Luftwaffes havarier og flyuhell i Norge og Nord-Finland 01

15.12.43 FW 190A-2 Emergency landing on sea

and found from AHF

"15th Dec 1943, the plane crasced into the sea after tecnical problems, the pilot was rescued. 11th May last year, the plane was found on ca 60 meters depth after years of searching. Since the plane lies that deep, it has been untouched since the war.
Several important parts have allready been removed in secret to prevent plundering.
This recovery will get international interest not only becouse of it`s good shape, but also due to the fact that that it`s one of the first Fw190`s ever made. Of the ca 20000 planes made, this most likely belongs between the first 500."

Hey, look what I found!!

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation-videos/fw-190-norway-recovery-7336.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back