FW 190D9 of JG11 (profile help)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VonMessa

Recruit
Jul 17, 2008
Can anyone help me with a profile for a "Lady D" belonging to JG11?

I am trying to get some proof for a skin that I am trying to submit for a flight sim.

I already have a skin made, from various info that I have collected. There was also some imagination on my part, but I tried to stay as true to form as possible.

Thanks guys :)

JG 11 received Doras but they were transferred into other JG's such as JG 301 where JG 301 added the red band to the already yellow one on JG 11 a/c.

Sadly, I am aware of this, for the most part, but weren't there still some JG11 Dora's at the surrender at Leck? I know there is a photo of some TA-152's of JG11 from the surrender at Leck.

Any way to confirm if a particular aircraft was with JG11?

What I really need to know is what the camo patterns would've been. Also would they have changed them when they switched from JG11 to 300/301? I have a good handle on what the RLM colors were supposed to be.

I'll post some screenies of what I've got, so far, later on.

Thanks.

unless it is going to be in the second volume of E.E.'s Dora book there are NO jG 11 pics of Doras or Ta's known, in fact JG 11 did not have Ta's directly they were in the hands of Bruno Stolle and his Test Kommando which then went to JG 301 III. gruppe in Januar 45.

might be good if you have a "handle" on the Dora camo but JG 301 was characteristic really of that JG from the factory and not of JG 3, JG 2, 4, 6 and the others. the transfers from JG 11 were camo'd at the factory as well and then field applied markings went from there - Ost frot toward the Reich interior

Jg 300 Doras are bland and like the JG's I mentioned no rumpfband to distinguish the JG in 45 - blue/white/blue like their A-8/A-9 Fw's

Sorry if they are huge.

ahss78.jpg

ahss77.jpg

ahss72.jpg

This is how I submitted it:

Information: Focke Wulf 190D-9

"Black 4" of II/JG11 Flown by Obfhr. Walter Krist

Werknummer - 211132

Delivered to JG11 12/5/44 (Eagle editions p.117)

Surrendered at Leck

Although I do not have the E.E. book

questionable as the a/c submitted was closely resembling the machines in IV./JG 3. no pilot name is given in EE's book except the delivery date, it is also quite questionable whether your machine had a yellow fuselage band or not - maybe.

it might also be noted that II./JG 11 had Bf 109G's and K's................so, not sure where you are getting the second gruppe for your skin ?

A little birdie told me........

Seriously, that's why I'm asking all the questions.

suggest saving the monies and getting Jerry's volume 1 and 2 as the second will have updated materials on the first volume. forget the JaPo books the profiles are not on par with EE.s and that is fact.

After checking up on some of my JG 301 Dora 9 pics your skin actually has a couple of similarities to a couple of 6./JG 301 craft with the green coming down to and even below the exhaust ports. the green covers this motorhaube section and then covers up over the mg cowling and just under in mottle the canopy to the fuselage spine ........make sense ?

as your craft is in the werkenmmer block of the IV./JG 3 birds the camo-mottle would come right after the engine, just below the canopy and niot from the Balkenkreuz angeled downward over the 4 towards the engine, it would be almost in straight line if this is understandable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back