FW-200 C-1 Condor (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't quite understand what kind of screw there is. Phillips screwdriver?
I don't quite understand what kind of screw there is. Phillips screwdriver?

OK. I have thought you meant that. Unfortunately I didn't see a pic showing the part with the angle you wanted. But If you have a look at the enlarged ones you should get the idea on how the fairing looked like. Actually the fairing both for the inner and the outer engine nacelles, was a part of the central wing leading edge. However these were of a slightly different size due to the wing dimensions at the areas. But always were covering the gap between the front round engine nacelle section and the wing leading edge. The parts crossfaded into the nacelle side at the bottom and the top rear fairing on the wing tops giving the smooth transition.

the inner engine ...

the outer engine ...

the pic source: Triebwerksintegration – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"

Do you have a photograph showing the stretching of the fabric onto the tail? Like on wings.

Attachments

• DSC_0324_900-1080x600.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 5
Do you have a photograph showing the stretching of the fabric onto the tail? Like on wings.

The fin of the vertical tail was of the metal skin but there was a quite narrow vertical panels on both sides that were covered with the fabric patches. The rudder was of the metal "skeleton" like the aileron and was covered with the fabric quit tight. The trim tabs on the rudder had the metal covering.

the horizontal tail consited of the metal stabilizer skinned with the metal plates while the elevatrors were of the metal "skeleton" covered tight with the fabric. The trim tabs of the metal skin.

so the general view is like that ....

the pic source: Leitwerk – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"

Do you have photographs confirming the location of the joints of the metal sheets in the places I have highlighted?

What the places you have highlighted and where? I can't see such ones.
Do you have any pictures of the underside of the tail? I need photos of the horizontal stabilizers from below. I want to know the connection diagram of metal sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread