FW-200 C-1 Condor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is a website for kitplane builders. It does a fairly good job of explaining the basics of doped fabric covering on aircraft in today's light civil aviation.

"Best Practices"

Below is a photo of a Hawker Hurricane as it was being rebuilt a few years ago. The wooden stringers and formers that create the external shape of the rear fuselage have yet to be covered by doped linen.

Hurricane aft fuselage structure.jpg

And this is what the aft fuselage would look like after rebuild.
Hurricane after rebuild.jpg

OK. IMHO the drawings aren't too accurate regarding thepanel lines for the C-3. The problem is that there aren't images of a very good quality. But I found two enough good to notice the layout of the panels both on the top and undersides. I enlarged them and cropped. I counted about 5 rivet lines going horizontally.

Fw200_pasy top.jpg

Fw200_pasybottom.jpg

OK. IMHO the drawings aren't too accurate regarding the panel lines for the C-3. The problem is that there aren't images of a very good quality. But I found two enough good to notice the layout of the panels both on the top and undersides. I enlarged them and cropped. I counted about 5 rivet lines going horizontally.

View attachment 796744
View attachment 796745

Yep ... about 5 rivet lines from the main stringer to the trailing edge ... and 4 panels to the leading edge. However the rear part of the central wing seems to have more complex covering than it is shown in the drawings above.

Fw200_pasy top_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back