FW-200 C-1 Condor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you know a way to attach the places I have highlighted?View attachment 800840

These were hinges with a kind of clamps/buckles attached to the inner rings going around the engine. These clamps could be dismounted to remove the cowling panels fully or after removing the hinge axis one of the sections only. A quite similar system to these used for the Fw 190 and La-5/La-7, IMHO.

Fw200_BRAMO323R_Triebwerksvergleich_900.jpg

the pic source: Triebwerksintegration – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"

fw200 cowling2a.jpg

the source: the net.

These were hinges with a kind of clamps/buckles attached to the inner rings going around the engine. These clamps could be dismounted to remove the cowling panels fully or after removing the hinge axis one of the sections only. A quite similar system to these used for the Fw 190 and La-5/La-7, IMHO.

View attachment 800844

View attachment 800851
the source: the net.

Was the part I circled removable?
1-Fw-200C-Condor-overhead-view-01 — копия.jpg

The parts behind the engines were made of the four stringers and pressed bulkeads. The front bulkhead was of the full type while the inner ones were bottom opened because there was the recrating main landing gear housed. The bottom part was closed by the wheel bay doors. The side and top covering of the section was rivetted.

Bild1.jpg

Fw200_.jpg

DSCI0075a.jpg

P1000406a.jpg

DSCI0072a.jpg

the source: Fahrwerkseinbau – Focke-Wulf Fw 200 "Condor"

OK. I have thought you meant that. Unfortunately I didn't see a pic showing the part with the angle you wanted. But If you have a look at the enlarged ones you should get the idea on how the fairing looked like. Actually the fairing both for the inner and the outer engine nacelles, was a part of the central wing leading edge. However these were of a slightly different size due to the wing dimensions at the areas. But always were covering the gap between the front round engine nacelle section and the wing leading edge. The parts crossfaded into the nacelle side at the bottom and the top rear fairing on the wing tops giving the smooth transition.

View attachment 796964

the inner engine ...

the outer engine ...

What were the fairings attached to? Bolts or rivets?

In the pic you may notice that the rivets aren't visible. These bolts can be found ... and these can't be the rivets because how the gondola section would be accessed in order to dismount.

fairing6-jpg.jpg

На фотографии вы можете заметить, что заклепки не видны. Эти болты можно найти... и это не могут быть заклепки, потому что как получить доступ к секции гондолы, чтобы демонтировать ее?

View attachment 801644
I'm not talking about that anymore -_- Throughout the fuselage of the plane there is a vertical row of rivets and a horizontal one. What is the horizontal row attached to?
1-Fw-200C-Condor-вид-сверху-01.jpg
Fw200ww.jpg

I'm not talking about that anymore -_- Throughout the fuselage of the plane there is a vertical row of rivets and a horizontal one. What is the horizontal row attached to?

Last edited:
A picture from Hawker's Brooklands factory in WWII. This shows the cloth being draped over the rear fuselage of the closest Hurricane and the beginning of the attachment process. The other Hurricane has the cloth stretched and secured to the fuselage formers and stringers and is in the middle(?) of the prep for the doping process. The rudder and horizontal fins of the near Hurricane have already had the cloth applied, doped, and (I think) painted with a base coat.

View attachment 796787
That almost looks like a twinned Hurricane in construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back