FW190D-9 vs Allied fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Potential Mk XIV losses to 109D-9s, listed by serial number from Caygill. I've excluded everything listed as accident, flak or other circumstances. Total is 19 aircraft. I don't have the spare time at the moment to look up all of the losses, but there are plenty of databases online:

RB187
RB141
MB842
RM695
RM671
RM749
RM746
RM765 - Confirmed by Caygill as 'Shot down by FW 190D of JG 26 near Munster'
Unidentified 610 Squadron aircraft shot down during armed recce on 09 Feb 1945
RN120
RN123
RM750 - Likely 190D loss, reported by Claygill as 'Shot down by JG 26'
RM871
RB 185 - Confirmed by Foreman as a loss to F
i have heard about NH686 i think groenstens aircraft was chased by marquardt but hit the debris and crashed

there was also an spitfire XIV claimed by walter soffing JG 26 (need to confirmit, or wether it is a overclaim)
Hi
What date is this related to? Page 422 of previous source has Lt Waldemar Soffing of JG 26 claiming a Spitfire XIV on 14 Feb. 1945 for his 24th victory, however, the RAF did not lose any in the engagement concerned. Also page 518 has Soffing of 2.Staffel claiming a 'Griffon' Spitfire on 29 April, 1945 at 1253 hrs, only Merlin Spitfires were involved. However, at that time Fw Helmut Walter of 1 Staffel was shot down and killed (it appears to be a hint that there was a friendly fire incident?), two other German pilots were also shot down and killed.

Mike

Hi
What date is this related to? Page 422 of previous source has Lt Waldemar Soffing of JG 26 claiming a Spitfire XIV on 14 Feb. 1945 for his 24th victory, however, the RAF did not lose any in the engagement concerned. Also page 518 has Soffing of 2.Staffel claiming a 'Griffon' Spitfire on 29 April, 1945 at 1253 hrs, only Merlin Spitfires were involved. However, at that time Fw Helmut Walter of 1 Staffel was shot down and killed (it appears to be a hint that there was a friendly fire incident?), two other German pilots were also shot down and killed.

Mike
ahaa got it

Last edited:
Hi

Mike
in one of caldwells JG26 books, i found something

During 13 march 1945 when meiss was shot down by 130 sqn spitfires
marischka was credited with one 130 sqn spitfire on the same day

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back