GB-37 1/48 Sikorsky MH-60J Jayhawk - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Skunkmodel #48010
Model Type: sikorsky s-70 mh-60j jayhawk usgc
Aftermarket addons: certainly make some detailed scratch the detail of the cabin can be improved and missing many details that I have seen in the photos.

The Sikorsky HH-60J Jayhawk is a twin-engine multi-mission mid-range helicopter, based on the SH-60 Seahawk structure, operated by the United States Coast Guard for search and rescue (SAR), law enforcement, protection of the marine environment and prepared for military use. The HH-60J is designed to fly up to 483 kilometers from the coast with a crew of 4, raising up to 6 additional people on board, staying on the scene for up to 45 minutes and returning to the base while retaining sufficient fuel reserves. The normal cruising speed of the HH-60J is from 250 to 260 km/h and can reach 333 km/h for short periods, it can fly at 260 km/h for 6-7 hours.

Elected to replace the Pelican HH-3F, the HH-60J is a member of the Sikorsky S-70 helicopter family and is based on the US Navy's SH-60 Seahawk naval helicopter. Its development began in September. 1986, he made his first flight on August 8, 1989 and entered into service with the Coast Guard in June 1990. His production ended in 1996 after 42 helicopters were manufactured.

The upgrade program for the mid-range recovery helicopter MH-60T (mid-range recovery helicopter) was started in 2007 and it is expected that in 2015 the avionics modernization and operational capabilities for the 42 HH-60j helicopters existing will be carried out. . Each of the HH-60J helicopters that completes the update receives the new designation MH-60T.

HH-60J_Air_Station_Astoria.jpg

I do this helicopter to give it to my uncle commander of the retired Spanish SAR, it was one of the Spanish helicopters highlighted in the disaster of Mozambique in the 90s where rescued about 500 people and transported humanitarian aid to the isolated, is a fervent worshiper of SAR services as a good person that is, and the and all the SAR services in the world I would like to dedicate ...

This is the model's artbox:

hh60j.jpg

hh60j.2.jpg

This is the kit as it comes:

hh60j.3.jpg

hh60j.4.jpg

hh60j.5.jpg
hh60j.6.jpg

hh60j.7.jpg

I rescalled the photos to see if so load before I downloaded them to 1200x600 so they do not reach 600kb to see so if you load better, at this time I'm reviewing the interior photographic support to go making the detailed list to be made, reviewing works of other modelers to see the errors of the mold and others to do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will watch with interest. They look almost exactly like what our navy refers to as the Seahawk SH60.

we go with the helicopter first the pilot's seat and co-pilot so it comes in the kit

08.JPG
09.JPG

and with the images that I could follow online, the seat would be something like that,

10.JPG
11.JPG

12.JPG
13.JPG

14.JPG
15.JPG

this is a test to assemble the definitive take measurements and make the pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks boys,

I keep working the seats that I have to redo all, also I make the folding seats I leave it presented I still have to paint them before placing them, but I'm trying to figure out the blue of the interior which color is to paint the interiors.

19.JPG
20.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back