GB-38 1/72 FW190A-8 – Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
1/72 Fw190 A-8 OOB of Dortenmann of JG54 June/1944

Username : Javlin
First name : Kevin
Category : Intermediate
Scale : 1/72
Manufacturer / Model : Hasegawa
Extras : OOB

GB38 001.JPG

I laid some paint RLM02,RLM66 and Rubber in the last couple of days while working on the Trump kit.The wheels are painted inside of the pit and a some future applied to help the decals for the pit to stick good.Seems kinda redundant but two separate builds :dontknow: They did come out of the same box :)

GB38 001.JPG

Did the same in the last GB with my two C.205s Kevin. It'll start to get confusing from about Pg. 4 on forgetting which pics go into which thread. Looking good x 2

Yeah Geo have to put the parts back in there respective bags just to safe when through with each sprue.

All photos of the FW190 A series and D series seem to show RLM 66 wheel bays, and insides of U/C doors Kevin, with the wheels in semi-gloss black.
Here's a pic of the RAF Museums FW190A-8, with the wheel bays in the original paint.

Kev..jpg

Thanks Terry I was having the same thoughts just on the grounds that if RLM02 was not being used in the pit why the wheel well?Then I looked at some other build and they had the 02?On the Trump kit I painted 66 out of intuition and went and repainted 02 :dontknow:

As memo serves the very early Fw 190A variants had the RLM02 there. But the A-8 is a late one and using of the the RLM66 seems to be more adequate.

Well thks for all the info I am staying 02 on the legs figuring it maybe happen like this with different structures being built at different plants w/different colors?It was late in the war and plants even went undergorund in some instances otherwise alot of builds are incorrect including John's last #11 D-9 and he does good research ;)

I have gotten a little done thus far about to button up the fuse on this one.The IP and sideboards if you van see it is decals I made the pad for the seat out of clay who wants to aggravate those hemorrhoids?I am thinking it's possible to make that leather molding around the front of the pit out of thin sprue?I take the A-8's had it :dontknow:

GB38 001.JPG
GB38 002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back