GB-40 1/48 Consolidated B-24D - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I placed the nose art this morning, still have a wase to go. The kit decals seem to be almost make from cloth. having a bit of an issue to work them down. I poked some holes in the side insignias and hit them with micro sol. we'll see ho that goes.

That's where I got them, and a few other sets. I've been on Dave Klaus's email list for about ten years now. His are great but the kit decals are the issue. I did also follow your input and found the British tail strip markings from my Eduard Lysander. I had to trim them a bit but that did it, thanks.

The micro Sol is getting the side insignias ti settle down which the Micro Set did not help. Still a bit of work on them though.

While I hate to throw in the towel, can't finish this today and my take near a week to finish. I can't put it in this finished category with the prestiges crowed in its present stage of build and there is too much to be done to finish at this time. a lot of which is painting fixes. Time to move on to the next build while I have time to work it. I bit of too much as Andy implied at the beginning. Close but not there. All the nose guns broken off have to be replaced. I would use the metal gun barrels if I did it again just for the resilience. I will finish it and maybe give it to the VFW museum here in Katy or the Airman's museum at Lackland AFB.

Users who are viewing this thread