*** GB 56 “ Thunderbolts & Lightnings” – Winners - JUDGED COMPETITION ***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
The judging of votes for Group Build 56 are now completed and presented below,

We had 14 Thunderbolts and 4 Lightnings represented in this "Twin" Group Build

The Winners for the latest Group Build are,

Category 1 Beginner / Novice / Casual CATEGORY.

We had 2 Entries in this Section of the Group Build,

1st Place goes to Jock Tamson Jock Tamson : Greg for his 1/72 P-47M

2nd Place goes to Bernhart Bernhart : Bernie for his 1/72 P-47D

Category 2 Intermediate / Casual CATEGORY. Back to 3 Entries this time, completed in this category.

1st Place in this Category goes to Donivanp Donivanp : Don with his 1/48 P-47D-25RE

2nd Place in this Category goes to P plastic Hero : Alan with his 1/48 P-47D

3rd Place in this Category goes to Donivanp Donivanp : Don with his 1/48 P-47D Razorback

Category 3 Experienced / Expert CATEGORY. 10 Entries rounded out this Section, a very close race which saw

A Tie for second Place.

1st Place in this Category goes to le_steph40 le_steph40 : Steph for his 1/48 P-47D

2nd Place in this Category goes to fubar57 fubar57 : George or his 1/48 P-47D-40-RA

2nd Place in this Category goes to Davecww1 Davecww1 : Dave or his 1/48 P-38G

3rd Place in this Category goes to Vic Balshaw Vic Balshaw : Vic for his 1/48 P-47D Bubble Top

So…CONGRATULATIONS for Thunderbolts & Lightnings, go to GREG , DON and STEPH for their First Place Entries in their respective categories and also extended to the second and Third place getters.

A BIG Thankyou to all who found the time to participate in this Build, well done, a number of great Builds being represented.

Also Congrats to Vic Balshaw for securing the votes to win the Members Choice Poll too.

We appreciate the time and effort put in by all participants at the various levels, and the outstanding exchange of Information, Hints, Tips, Parts and Decals to those who required something to help their project.

Please continue to support the Group Builds in any way you can whether you build something or just enjoy watching others do their stuff!

We want this to be a friendly atmosphere and above all…..have FUN !

Thanks…The Judging Panel.

Have to say that it was an amassing line-up for this GB and my congrats to Greg , Don and Steph on a well deserved 1st place in your respective categories. Would also like to say a big thank's to you judges for being able to sort something out and get worthy result, it would not have been an easy task. :D

I must say that in future i would like to give votes. Not just one.
It is not doing justice to the quality of build any more.
I could have handed out 3 votes so very fricking easily it hurts.
We are not in kindergarten but i very much feel that some builders do not get their rightfull votes just because the 1 vote thing.

Last edited:
I must say that in future i would like to give votes. Not just one.
It is not doing justice to the quality of build any more.
I could have handed out 3 votes so very fricking easily it hurts.
We are not in kindergarten but i very much feel that some builders do not get their rightfull votes just because the 1 vote thing.
It would be good but maybe a bit difficult to set up. With only having one vote means that in making our decisions with this one vote, one really has to look hard at where we want to place it. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back