GB-59 1/48 Spitfire LF Mk.VIII - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User name: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer:eduard profipack edition
Model type: Eduard #8284
Extras: photo etched, mask all incluyed in the bag.

Even the model is relatively new (2021), the mold is the old Eduard mold, I cannot pass up the opportunity to place the links where I am going to look for the information and where I am going to get the story from for when the model is finished.
Since I haven't searched the forum for this spitfire (the MD280) and the one that Andy already assembled came up and I will take it as a reference since it is a great model.

LF Mk.VIII MD280 F/lt. Paul Ostrander No.155 Squadron RAF Burma, 1945.

This page is the page of sq 155: A Pictorial History 1943-1944
On this page you can read and see a review of the model:. Spitfire Mk.VIII Profipack 1:48
This gives a reading of the plane's specifications: Spitfire Mk VIII Performance Testing
the plane that I will take as a reference: **** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire MkVIII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB
Although the cockpit is from ICM (to say a place) it is the same at the end of the day it must be done the same, for this reason Andy will give me very good information with his great montage....

well now let's go with the profile,
profile.jpg

Another Spit. Awesome!
Luckily or unfortunately I am a spit enthusiast, I have traveled to Duxford many years ago to see and be able to pet the spitfire, I had a VVS pilot friend, (a Spanish republican exiled after the victory of fascism in Spain), who He flew at the flight school where he was a teacher and he told me a thousand and one of the stories he had from that time...

Nice one Sergio. Glad my build info will be useful to you.
They will always be. I have several of you as an example to follow, you are very good as people (from what I know you around here) and as modelers.

Great choice Sergio. Would love to hear some of your mates stories!
It's a shame that I have to tell you that it's been almost 20 years since he left us, that the earth was light for him... (typical expression of a Spanish Republican to say goodbye to someone who dies)...
He included some in his book "The Red Devil", as the Spanish fascists nicknamed him when he shot down the blue division planes over Moscow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back