GB 61 - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft - Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's about a week away so I thought it was time to start talking about.

Here's the two I've pretty much decided on. They've both been near the top of my "to build" list for quite a while, they both fit the group build, and they both have similar paint schemes, and wont it be great to see Corsair painted in something other than blue?

View attachment 759494View attachment 759495
Here's one for ya!
Have this in a folder when looking for Marine Corsairs.
Vought-AU-1-Corsair-NAS-at-Marine-Corps-Base-Quantico-Virginia-United-States-late-1950-01.jpg
Vought-AU-1-Corsair-NAS-Black-9403-BuNo-129403-on-the-ground-at-NAS-01.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Bill, that top one is the bird that was used for the kits decals. I came across those pictures and a few others a while back they along with the box art convinced my to choose the AU-1 for this group build.

I'm going to do Tomcats; and since I like contrast/history, I plan to do 2 of them. A hi-vis A and a muted D; one with wings swept and the other with wings out with flaps and leading edge extended. I have 3 DML 1/144 kits so I can attempt to cut the wings and have a fall back if it doesn't work. One of the kits has the carrier deck so dio base is included. Something like this:
tomcat launch.jpg

I'm going to do Tomcats; and since I like contrast/history, I plan to do 2 of them. A hi-vis A and a muted D; one with wings swept and the other with wings out with flaps and leading edge extended. I have 3 DML 1/144 kits so I can attempt to cut the wings and have a fall back if it doesn't work. One of the kits has the carrier deck so dio base is included. Something like this:
View attachment 761036
nice :thumbright:

i thought about doing my academy 1/48 F-14 A but it only has hi viz markings and i dont fancy brush painting all that white, so am going with an RAF Buccaneer and will get some low viz markings for my Tomcat to do at a later date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back