GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb(1) - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. As mentioned somewhere, I stole some PE harnesses from an Italeri kit as the Eduard ones aren't due until July. Glued 'em together, and painted up. Drove up to the post office shortly after and there were my Eduard seat harnesses. Anyhoo....taped up the fuselage and test fit it to the glued wings; very happy with the fit. Photos shortly. Heading to Billy's Puddle (Williams Lake) in a few hours for the grandkids lacrosse games. A day shot became an over-nighter which is fine by me

Pics. I think the inserted cockpit will do a little spreading along the wing root. The front area is one place that I always seem to add putty but looks great with a loose fit. All in all, not to shabby

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

Wow that looks AWFUL familiar. Your version doesn't have those 2 lines between the wing "bumps" removed? I guess they were used on the Trop version only? Nice fit.

Wow that looks AWFUL familiar. Your version doesn't have those 2 lines between the wing "bumps" removed? I guess they were used on the Trop version only? Nice fit.

Do you mean the two reinforcing strakes over the wheel bays? If you do, these were introduced as a repair kit for older aircraft that showed signs of the matal fatique in this area. Later these were moved to the wheel bay interior. So no matter where a Spit serviced but if there were the damages to the wing skin.

Wing tips on, a very nice fit

IMG_0003.JPG

Last look at the innards. I just noticed that the harness parts separated while I was fussing about with them. Easy fix

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

After the Jays game I fit the fuselage halves together and then slot the innards in from below. I need to attach the harness piece that goes into the fuselage and that will take some tricky weaving

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back