GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb(1) - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Getting ready for "Starkey" stripes and fuselage band. I should have changed background but I've been busy with pharmacy and hospital trying to locate my gut shot

IMG_3052.JPG

The paint is Vallejo White primer so I'll let this sit until tomorrow before I start masking spaying

Every three months I get a needle that inserts a pellet into my stomach. This destroys testosterone that feeds cancer. According to doctors who don't regularily inject me, the needle is the biggest they have ever seen. When someone asks me how it feels I tell them it feels like they are injecting the pellet into me using a blunt garden hose

Good news is, they finally found it. Better news is, I was put on a waiting list for surgery last month; yesterday they phoned and I'm slated for next Friday. I kinda feel sorry for two people on my crew who have been waiting for months. Anyhoo.....more spritz, spritz, spritzing. This time the fuselage band and spinner painted Sky

IMG_0001.JPG

I did a 3:1 mix of Tamiya XF-21 Sky and XF-2 White. Why not just XF-21? Why, I'll shows ya

IMG_0002.JPG

I'll start masking and spraying the stripes tomorrow afternoonish

Thanks all. Starting to attain a Starkey-like appearance. Sprayed on Tamiya Nato Black.

IMG_3054.JPG

Still a long way off. I'm thinking this didn't have an antenna running from the tail to the mast so do I remove the tail post. Also, will this have cheese cutter antennae? I can't see any post or antennae in the photo I have on Page 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back