GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Well... Wings and fuselage glued together ! :oops: 😜
Before that I sanded the putty applied for the wing tips and re-engraved the structure lines, I glued the exhausts with some plastic wedges inside, I glued the engine hood (upper).
The dihedral seems to be correct (IMHO :rolleyes::) )
DSCN7806.JPGDSCN7807.JPGDSCN7808.JPG
:)

Applause and amazement sounds!!!! I'm at about the same stage, too frustrated to take progress shots, and then I see this. You certainly are doing wonders with the kit. I'll probably, for the first time during a built, need to use a dusk mask when sanding down the amounts of filer that will be required. Again! Very Nice!!! :cheers:

Hello,

Thanks for the comments and the encouragements :)
Argh ! :evil:](*,) Big problem with the Ultracast resin lower cowl (for ICM kit), it's a "little" too short and too narrow towards the propeller spinner :oops:
DSCN7810.JPG

It's impossible to use the ICM carburator air intake, too small for a Mk.IX, the shape seems to be for a Mk.I/V not for a Mk.IX.
48061_2-1.jpg

So, I chose ICM/Eduard solution: ICM lower cowl with Eduard air intake. I need to add a hatch on the ICM part.
DSCN7811.JPG

Putty applied...
DSCN7815.JPGDSCN7816.JPG
:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back