GB-63 1/48 Bf 108B-2 Taifun - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Username: fubar57
First name: George
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model: Messerschmitt Bf-108B-2 Taifun Kit #8052
Scale: 1:48
Add-ons: Seat harnesses

My subject, KG✙EM

Untitled.jpg

DA WEBS
I really wanted to do a B-1 version but couldn't find enough info on the differences. I do know that the B-1 wings could be folded and I believe the prop was different. This version of the B-2 has been done to death but the camo is a challenge I want to tackle

I really wanted to do a B-1 version but couldn't find enough info on the differences. I do know that the B-1 wings could be folded and I believe the prop was different. This version of the B-2 has been done to death but the camo is a challenge I want to tackle

The B-2 is the military designation of the B-1 that was the civilian one mostly. So these didn't differ externally. Internally there could be the slightly different stuff in the cockpit for instance, the system allowing to fly at night and during the poor weather conditions. The B-2 had the possibility of folding the wings eliminated. Both variants were powered by the same Argus AS-10C-3 inline engine with a wooden Schwarz or similar Heine , two-blade fixed pitch propeller of 2350 mm diameter. The different prop ( Argus metal one ) got the D version because of the new Argus 10R motor.

According to the WM book no.149 the KG+EM was the B-2/trop variant. It means that there should be ... the special dust filter on the cooling airinlets to the engine carburetor and a more efficient oil cooler. The interiors of the wheel bays got the removable leather cases. What is more, there were attached the sunshades in the cockpit and its ventilation system was improved with the dust filters. Also there were the rear-window small round ventilation air inlets at the corners of the rear windows.
Additionally there were mounted in the cockpit, two extra tanks, one larger for the fuel and the second smaller one for the oil. Both were atatched on the starboard at the back passenger's place. The trop variant had the metal two-blade Messerschmitt P7 controllable pitch airscrew .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back