GB-63 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's my first build update. Working through the first steps which is always the cockpit. Placards and stencils added from Airscale. Tamiya has you painting the headrest brown but in the pictures I have seen they are usually black so I went with that. I also accented the rivets that hold it place on the armour plate. I left the map box in yellow zinc chromate for visual interest. Might not be accurate for a D-20 P-47D but perhaps on a P-47C. Just now working through the IP.

IMG_2596x600.png

IMG_2599x600.png

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, I am enjoying the build so far. Haven't had much bench time but despite that I think I am making good progress. I should mention that I used a mixture of RAF cockpit green from Tamiya and AK real color U.S. cockpit interior green to get the colour used.

Last edited:
Guys, need your help. What are these? I don't see them on any P-47D's and they are not on the Tamiya box art. After scouring the net I found the below picture which is apparently a P-47D-22 with a Malcolm hood. Are they mirrors?

tamiya scoopsa.png

d95d0e49e7bda48a20cb8893a6a812d32220a855.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back